Space Cop: The Game

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Build a thrilling space station scenario with these level assets and characters.
  • Anybody out there a fan of Red Letter Media (http://www.redlettermedia.com)? If not, you can still enjoy Space Cop: The Game, but it will be that much richer for RLM fans...

http://www.doghousereillystudios.com/spacecop

Few things:

-currently, it's only a single level level

-on replay, there's no way to skip through the intro yet...I'll put that capability in soon, though

-this is a fan game, not an official RLM release

Enjoy!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Awesome! The first level was fun, i will be looking out for more levels!

Had a few problems where he would not stay ducked down even when holding down arrow. I will check on my desktop to see maybe if it is my laptop keyboard or not!

• Thanks! There is a bit of a known quirk with the duck/crouch, which might be what you're experiencing. It crops up as a result of trying to crouch right after landing from a jump. Landing triggers a quick animation and, until that's finished, he can't duck. It's only a fraction of a second, but it definitely throws things off, so I think I'll have to tweak that. If you're seeing something different, though, definitely let me know and I'll try to track it down!

• Looks nice, but that boss killed me... Anyway, maybe it would look better if you use bullets? When shooting, spawn bullet, when bullet reach enemy, destroy enemy.

• Great graphics!! Well done.

I also died at the boss. I didn't understand if I actually hit him or not when i jump-shoot from afar, and a bit confusing that I couldn't use the special weapon while jumping. I think spawning bullets like cornelg7 suggested for both normal and special weapon would make it much more clear.

I also nearly got stuck when I moved to the wooden crate at the boss, as I started moving really slowly.

Right now the first level felt like a bit too much crouching. That could be related to the crouch animation being really slow. I think you should try to make crouching instant or near-instant and see how it works out, because I think the controls would feel much more responsive. Same goes with shooting, as there's now a small delay before shooting.

• Also, would be nice to be able to skip tutorial with a button click, and unpause the game with spacebar :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)