Space graphics,sprites / ideas.artists block help!

Looking to build a team or have a job to offer?

Post » Fri May 31, 2013 11:59 am

@Patriick Wow, yeah That's great!, I could see him fitting in very well, thank You...

As you say, not enough RTS or tactic based games at all on C2 as I've seen, and very few resources for this genre, especially from this perspective, I will be sure to keep you up on progress...

Thanks again,
As long as I can move left, right and fire, I'm Happy...
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 31, 2013 12:04 pm

[QUOTE=Pixel perfick] @Patriick Wow, yeah That's great!, I could see him fitting in very well, thank You...

As you say, not enough RTS or tactic based games at all on C2 as I've seen, and very few resources for this genre, especially from this perspective, I will be sure to keep you up on progress...

Thanks again, [/QUOTE]

This is exactly why I have started writing up a full walkthrough to creating Isometric game art, with pixel art in mind and not just buildings or a couple of tiles but a wide variety of things... Hopefully some people will follow the whole thing through and make some kick ass RTS titles with Construct =]

I will get to that sprites animations too, the run wasn't finished, I needed to add detail to a few more frames and I can easily add some more to it, I just need to finish up some other things and I already offered to help another member of the community (Sulli) once I have that and my work out of the way I will gladly contribute that asset fully animated, (I'm sure you don't need it right away anyhow?)

B
S
G

Post » Fri May 31, 2013 12:27 pm

@patriick Your a star! excuse the pun!

No rush for the rest of the frames, I'm only just over a week into development,so plenty enough to juggle with, menus and unit movement are my current priority...

If you need any help with anything, feel free to PM or contact me via the forum...Thanks again.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 31, 2013 1:39 pm

@burningwood Yeah we definitely need more RTS games, Thanks for your input, Great ideas there!
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 31, 2013 1:42 pm

[QUOTE=Pixel perfick] @patriick Your a star! excuse the pun!

No rush for the rest of the frames, I'm only just over a week into development,so plenty enough to juggle with, menus and unit movement are my current priority...

If you need any help with anything, feel free to PM or contact me via the forum...Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer, I really will be taking you up no that eventually... =] Right now its just more art and a little documenting on my part though.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:52 pm

@patriick how's the tutorial going?, not seen you online for a while, maybe due to the awful speed of the site while the server was switched...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:55 pm

[QUOTE=Pixel perfick] @patriick how's the tutorial going?, not seen you online for a while, maybe due to the awful speed of the site while the server was switched... [/QUOTE]

The tutorial is going well, I have the first part completed and was working on the second, I tried posting it but the site was screwing up a lot and not allowing me to do so for a while. It seems to be working fine now so tomorrow I'll be reading it over and publishing the first portion of it.

I don't know exactly how many 'parts' it's going to be but for now I see it as being on going for now =] I think it's the best way to get it out, release in parts until finished.

Thanks for the interest and yeah that's why I haven't been around for a while :P
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:00 pm

How's the project coming along by the way?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:56 pm

@patriick Great stuff, look forward to seeing that, I have been trawling the site trying to find another RTS style game done in C2, there only being a handful, bit of a nightmare forum being how it was, but all seems well with the site now...

Game is coming along nicely actually after a 3 days toil, I have finally managed to get the individual unit selection pretty much sorted, it feels pretty intuitive I hope, player is able to box over different types of units then filter off or command them all using two mouse buttons...

Also implemented a resource system that I have certain units gathering and fetching, that's working well..so yeah productive week really...

Thanks for interest..
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:07 pm

[QUOTE=Pixel perfick]
Also implemented a resource system that I have certain units gathering and fetching, that's working well..so yeah productive week really...
[/QUOTE]
This right here is the kind of stuff I want to learn how to do :P lol

I was going to just create these graphics for a project I have in mind after the one I'm working on, but instead I decided to make a tutorial series on them instead, simply because I don't know how to create such a game within Construct yet and I was hoping that, someone might see the graphics and my little note at the end of the tutorials that I was going to write up :P

The note would basically be asking if anyone could or would attempt to take the art and create a few mini tutorials on how to get started with such a 'village simulation' type game, with all that resource gathering and building placement related stuff =]

Currently though I'm just dividing my time up between a project, the tutorial series and freelancing.

I too already searched around for RTS related stuff and there really wasn't more than a handful which kinda sucks but it's good too, at least for those who do end up creating such games with Construct :p

Also... Cool about the project progress I actually really look forward to seeing this project come to fruition!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Job Offers and Team Requests