Space Ship User Controls -- best design idea

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • I have a game that is working in the web preview. For direction I am using the on touch method to detect where the user clicks on the screen. In my current testing I am using the space bar to shoot.

So far that works well.

(So far I love Construct2. I just upgraded to the personal license and tested moving to the mobile test.)

The problem is now that I am going to a mobile test with the intel xdk app, I dont have a space bar to shoot.

So I thought I would add a fire button.

When I add a fire button the shop wants to move to that part of the screen when the user clicks fire.

So my problem is design and coding. Do I add something to the detect on the screen to say "if the user touches the screen, and the user is not touching the button then move here."

Or do you rec using a right left pad with a fire button control on the screen.

I would use the accelerometer to detect movement, but not sure I like that either.

Whats you opinion?

thanks

-G

• You can use the Is Touching condition, and invert it (right click, select Invert), so it becomes Is NOT Touching (Fire Button).

[attachment=0:1ouid3uc][/attachment:1ouid3uc]

In combinations with Global Variables, you can filter the touch action to trigger a specific effect.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks! You are a rock star! That worked.

Whats you opinion .. have arrow control (D pad) for movement, or just use touch on the screen?

• Thanks! You are a rock star! That worked.

Whats you opinion .. have arrow control (D pad) for movement, or just use touch on the screen?

I went with touch controls for movement & combat.

I really hate digital d-pad or joysticks in my space games for mobiles. It's just too clumsy and not taking advantage of the inherent advantages of the platform: Touch, poke, tap, slide, multi-touch etc.

Try it here and see how it feels for you: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lite&hl=en

• I checked it out a bit, pretty nice game. thanks for the advice, I will give that a try.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)