Spanky the Buttweasel Test

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:58 pm

This is the problem. The purple object is the floor detector. I'll probably have to make it box shaped instead of the wedge it currently.

These detectors drive me nuts for donuts lol

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:42 am

Spanky the Buttweasel Test 1.2 is now up. Requires PS 2.0 :shock: ... tbtest.RAR (2 MB)

Still an early test of this game. Just looking for feedback and curious how framerate is on other machines.

Move: Left/Right Arrow Keys
Duck: Down Arrow
Jump: Shift
Attack: Control

And if anyone cares lol....
Walk/Animation Bug
Death Bug (Death animation did not always work 100%)
Platform smoothed out

"Pep Text" displayed on Respawn
Added some sound effects
Added Donut object- used at each world's end (does nothing really for now)
Added Corn Dog object (Restores Health)
Spum! object now gives an extra life instead of health
Duck Animation modified
Background Trees modified
Background Water uses wave effect
Modified particle sprays

Still need to finish animations on Moose and Spanky, but it's much more stable than the previous build. Also working on ablility to jump kill enemies.

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:10 am

Hello again, I've come to smack you over the head with more critiques.

First the good:
1. The background trees look much better than the first version
2. Spanky can now walk from one end of the level to the other without getting stuck on the scenery
3. The particles on pickups are slightly improved
4. I no longer experience the animation bug

Now for the crits:
1. I hear no sound at all. Do you have the sounds as external files that you forgot to add to the .rar?
2. The water does not wave at all for me. It is perfectly still.
3. The level design lacks variety now that you've taken out the ledges.
4. When Spanky dies, his body just stands there while his ghost goes off to heaven. Perhaps make a "fall to ground" animation where his eyes are closed, or have x's over them or whatever.
5. The ghost is always facing left no matter which direction Spanky is facing when he dies... it should be facing the same way as Spanky's body.

Some minor things that you may consider changing:
1. Even though the trees are better than before, they still feel a little gloomy.
2. When holding both the left and right keys, Spanky always favors looking to the right.

Other than that it looks like it's coming along. The framerate is pretty decent, but then again your wavy water effect does not appear on my machine (and yes, I have ps2).

Oh, almost forgot. Your app icon appears to be corrupted on my machine:

Unless it's supposed to look that way. The first one was like this as well.

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:25 am

Nice starting animation, nice graphics, even the Spanky animation is cool (i love when he dies and it seems to do inapropriate things to the mooses when attacking from behind :twisted:). I will play all the games in your web. Keep on doing it your way, i like it.

What i cannot understand is why you haven't seen Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog further than 2nd episode! :lol:

Return to Your Creations