Spark Game Engine

Discussion of tools and resources for game developers

Post » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:50 pm

Thank you for clearing things up.

skozax wrote:
I hope that they don't want to follow YoYoGames' example.

What do you mean by this? We'd love feedback on the pricing model. Not our major concern right now, but it will be pretty soon. One thing I know for sure, the free version will be pretty capable.

I mean, that YoYoGames only allowed their keys to be activated 2-3 times. Not sure if that's still the case. Lot's of the C2 users love that you can use C2 (or even activate your license) completely offline. That is a good feature in my eyes. Not to mention the pricing modell YoYoGames uses. For a beginner studio to start developing games for Android the $99 pro version + $199 Android export module is a bit expensive. C2 may not be the cheapest option in visual game developing for desktop, but as soon as you see the supported export platforms it becomes a great deal (as far as I know, the best deal on the market).

And if you ok with that, I'd also have a few suggestions:
- Start your own forum very soon. The current one is a bit off and is hard to find.
- Post updates to your website. Nowadays the users seem to be interested in the promising project's alpha stage too. It would do very good for your engine to let users know that it's still a living and constantly developing project.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:20 am

I'll give it another shot posting myself. I won't post links this time so hopefully it will work.

time has passed since my post and I am more curious than implicated so no worries, my opinion is not based on actual precise research but about feelings and my experience (which is not directly tied to this).

No worries, I know what you mean. Many people promising all sorts of things on the internet :). A landing page cannot be held credible by itself. We'll release more when we have more.

glerikud, thanks for the GM's licensing info. I agree it doesn't make too much sense.

And if you ok with that, I'd also have a few suggestions:
- Start your own forum very soon. The current one is a bit off and is hard to find.
- Post updates to your website. Nowadays the users seem to be interested in the promising project's alpha stage too. It would do very good for your engine to let users know that it's still a living and constantly developing project.

A website + forum are underway.

Thanks,
Aris
B
S

Post » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:26 am

ArisKostakos wrote:A website + forum are underway.

Awesome. Looking forward to it :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:18 am

One more question...will it be Windows only or will there be a Mac version?
German speaking C2/3 Facebook Community

https://www.helmade.com
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:17 am

Beaverlicious it was said that the engine was made with the engine (sounds inception to me), soit should run on multiple platform as well.
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:34 am

Beaverlicious wrote:One more question...will it be Windows only or will there be a Mac version?

According to their website, the editor will be cross-platform.

Aphrodite wrote:Beaverlicious it was said that the engine was made with the engine (sounds inception to me), soit should run on multiple platform as well.

The editor is made with the engine, not the engine with the engine. No inception here I'm afraid :D
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:52 am

Thanks for clearing that up! SPARKCEPTION!
German speaking C2/3 Facebook Community

https://www.helmade.com
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:29 pm

I don't think we need to go deeper.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:58 pm

did anyone get a beta key, to my knowledge they havent given them out yet
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:27 am

Razor29 wrote:did anyone get a beta key, to my knowledge they havent given them out yet

The beta will start somewhere around summer. Now you can apply for the alpha release (starts in about a month), just read back a few posts for more information. But keep in mind, that the alpha is for people who want to help them create the engine (providing feedback and reporting bugs I guess), and it's not ready for serious game development.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Tools and Resources