Spawnable items showing up in layouts randomly?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Pick Up Items Sound effects for your game, Take them for a ride right now and you will worry no more.
  • Currently, I have my restart menu in a separate layout in my project.

However, every once in a while objects that are supposed to drop from enemies will randomly show up in my restart menu, despite the fact that there's nothing on the layout that should spawn the items, and the items aren't global.

Does anyone have any idea how to keep this from happening?

Thanks guys!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Unless you system create object or object are on the top layout are pulled by gravity. Object are not generated randomly, you can share your capx file 👍

• Check your code, and if that doesn't work. Check it again. and again. and again.

Sorry but this is good practice to solve future problems.

• I've checked my code, a million times, theres nothing that tells any layout to produce items on the restart menu layout. The restart menu layout isn't even associated with any main Event Sheets currently, it only runs of it's own, so for the most part its not really associated with the rest of the project.

Currently, when enemies are destroyed they spawn an item, could the changing of the layouts, be "destroying" the enemies and would that enable their items to then be spawned on the new layout created?

• Please share you capx, unless you just want us to shoot answers untill we might accidentily hit the right one..

• Currently, when enemies are destroyed they spawn an item, could the changing of the layouts, be "destroying" the enemies and would that enable their items to then be spawned on the new layout created?

Yep that's what happens.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)