Spawning particles with correct properties

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Particles support animations, collisions, effects and etc.
  • I have a particle object that spawns when I player dies, there is an instance of the object off the layout screen and when a player dies I spawn the particle object on player.x player.y, but when it spawns the particle object it doesn't spawn with the correct settings that I have specified in the particle property window for the object, in fact any settings I change in the particle properties window don't effect the spawned particles at all, it only changes the properties of the particle object I have off to the side of the layout view. Any advice?

• Can we see your events or post a capx?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have an instance of the deathExplosion off to the left of the layout, then when I spawn a new one on the player it spawns with completely wrong settings, its like the default particle settings. No matter what I change in the particle properties, size, speed, spray type it only effects the instance I have off to the left of the layout, all new particle objects that I spawn don't have the correct properties, I changed the spray type to continuous and the object off the layout sprays continuous but the one I spawn is still single shot, none of the properties effect the particle object I spawn at all.

• Set the Initial State of the Particle emitter to Disabled. Then OnCollision with that ballThing, Move the Particle emitter to Player.X/Y and set Particle emitter to Enabled.

• Set the Initial State of the Particle emitter to Disabled. Then OnCollision with that ballThing, Move the Particle emitter to Player.X/Y and set Particle emitter to Enabled.

I just recreated the particles with the name deathExplosion2 and gave it the exact same events and it started working again? Something weird going on here, I have had this happen to a few projects where I don't even touch them for days and come back and something is not working and if I just recreate the object with the exact same events then it works again, this must be some kind of bug, not sure whats going on here.

Also the way you suggested you said set the emiiter to Disabled, I see no option in properties to toggle the state of the emitter, do you mean change say the Rate to 0 then set it on collision?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)