Spawning random type of enemies?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:25 pm

Hello, currently me and my friend are working on our first project and it is Tower Defense type game.
We got some core mechanics and graphics but now we got a little problem. I want to spawn different enemies based on the current attack wave.
For example:
Wave 1 to 5 only type 1 enemies, but when it goes to wave 6-10 I want there to be 20% chance to spawn type 2 enemy and 80% of spawning type 1 enemy. I just don't know how to implement that type of spawning enemies.. Also couldn't find any topics with that kind of problem.

Thanks :)
B
11
S
1
Posts: 76
Reputation: 1,664

Post » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:28 pm

see Families tutorial and Space Blaster game examples you can find it Costruct2\examples Asatur2013-03-23 20:31:40
B
13
S
3
G
3
Posts: 28
Reputation: 2,798

Post » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:41 pm

I checked it but I haven't bought the license yet and I can't use families.
B
11
S
1
Posts: 76
Reputation: 1,664

Post » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:54 pm

I think you need to buy . :D
B
13
S
3
G
3
Posts: 28
Reputation: 2,798

Post » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:17 pm

Create a spawnWave(waveNumber) function with waveNumber as a parameter.
In the function, create events for if waveNumber = x, then spawn whatever.
Mistakes were made.
B
37
S
17
G
67
Posts: 1,041
Reputation: 38,211


Return to How do I....?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GUN, LeFuji and 19 guests