Specific Problem with Multiplayer plugin.

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:56 pm

jsj wrote:Ok. I was reloading game so it works fine.

If I simply let the game redirect me to the "login" again, the second time things are messed as you say. Seems that the actions from Multiplayer: "leave room" or "disconnect from room" are leaving something in an "unknown" state in the server or in the client.

Perhaps adding a "disconnect form signalling server" and then again reconnect could resolve the problem?

Very good friend JSJ, you understand what's going on.

You are free to adjust the capx file to try to find a solution to the problem.

If if find some way to solve the problem could spread well.

In my view, no person will not be possible to produce an entire game with multiplayer would require people who produced the plugin perform a check in code and also in the signaling server to find where this problem.

They can use this capx that I changed for testing.

The idea of disconnecting the signaling server is good but it does not resolve the problem.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:35 am

I've checked disconnecting and reconnecting signalling server via Multiplayer plugin but, as you said, this doesn't solves nothing.

Will try to check what's going on and if there's a workaround. If so I will post here.
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:19 pm

jsj wrote:I've checked disconnecting and reconnecting signalling server via Multiplayer plugin but, as you said, this doesn't solves nothing.

Will try to check what's going on and if there's a workaround. If so I will post here.

Unfortunately this problem has no solution.

Only the people who made the multiplayer plugin and the signaling server will be able to identify and resolve.

Meanwhile there will never be a full game on the market made with Construct 2 Multiplayer.

Ashley still closed the topic, if anyone of Scirra pay attention to this problem will be the way it is.

Multiplayer Plugin only serves to make small examples to teach others.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:14 pm

jsj wrote:I've checked disconnecting and reconnecting signalling server via Multiplayer plugin but, as you said, this doesn't solves nothing.

The problem was found, are groups of commands that remain on for the next match "HOST and PEER"
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:40 pm

Reinarte wrote:

The problem was found, are groups of commands that remain on for the next match "HOST and PEER"

¡Nice!... anyway I've desisted to use Multiplayer because it doesn't work on iOS platform due to Apple not wanting to implement WebRTC nativelly.

Now using Photon but it has another anoyances... we, developers of multiplayer games, are doomed... :mrgreen:
B
S

Post » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:57 pm

I left the capx file to also download my STROKE MULTIPLAYER project in Scirra Arcade, the problem was caused because no one said that the PEER GROUPS HOST and remain connected even after finish the game and change layout,,, what caused the bugs when in the second match was reversed players.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:29 pm

@Reinarte, hello.
Have you solved the problem with connection?..
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Closed bugs