Speech recognition on mobile

All closed bug reports are moved here.

Post » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:31 pm

I tried the speech recognition example on the Galaxy Note 4 and it translated my speech several times in a row and then ended not having translating it correctly. Although it works correctly on PC.

1. Steps to Reproduce:
Just open the Speech Recognition example on your mobile device and see if it works properly.

2. Observed Result:
I said the words "there is an error in speech recognition" and the output looked like this:
"there isthere is anthere is anthere is an errorthere is an error inthere is an error inthere is an error inthere is an error in speechthere is an error in speech recognition"

3. Expected Result:
Have it work like it does on the PC with my headset mic

4. I have been using the chrome canary browser version 59.0.3054.0 on Galaxy Note 4 ((although a newer version of canary was just released I believe)), Android version 6.0.1.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:53 pm

It works on Windows but not on Android. It's running the same code in both cases so it seems likely to be a problem with Chrome on Android. I filed a Chrome bug here: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=709446
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 04, 2017 11:01 am

I had a similar problem. It did everything twice. It was fixed by changing the Speech Recognition mode from Continuous to Phrase.
B
S

Return to Closed Bugs