speed attack from idle

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:24 am

Hi All,

im trying to set up a speed attack for my chracter and i want it to be executable without movement - just by key pressing. I tried to apply physics for 0.x seconds but the results are somewhat weird since he everytime he travels various distances when activated = he's not moving the exact distance. I also tried to use simple move but the problem is, its not detecting platform collisions and so it happens the character is in the middle of a platform. Anyone got an idea?

Muchas gracias in ahead
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:31 am

It sounds like you are using platform behaviour and physics at the same time, it would be better not to do that.

I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:44 am

[QUOTE=LittleStain] It sounds like you are using platform behaviour and physics at the same time, it would be better not to do that.

[/QUOTE]

thanks, i was thinking of another approach but dont know how to set it up: on attack key pressed, simulate control {pressing arrow} for x seconds so it could basicaly work as if an arrow was pressed - then i can apply accelartion and max speed. THe problem is since i have a sound on this event, it will be in conflict with "wait" command.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:46 am

Couldn't you use the timer behaviour instead of the wait action?
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:54 am

[QUOTE=LittleStain] Couldn't you use the timer behaviour instead of the wait action?[/QUOTE]

haven't tried this one so far. Thanks for the tip
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?