Spicy Piggy - Speedy auto-running platformer

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Hey. Started working on a wee platformer, something simple that my 4 year old nephew could play, but with a bit of extra depth for people looking for a challenge.

You can take the game slowly n' just pass the levels if you want something casual. Like this...

Or put the pedal to the medal n' speed through it...

Some Piggy animations. Just for the craic.

Some more speedy shenanigans (level tiles aren't applied yet, of course).

I'd sure appreciate any comments or feedback. Anyone wanna help me with some playtesting?

UPDATE 04.01.16

Some new GIFs to check out.

The robot world comes with DEADLY LASERS!

The toy world is assembled before your very eyes!

• This just makes me laugh >D An incredibly cool idea! I just fell in love with Piggy already <3

Don't know if you have thought of it but a brief "story" introduction will always bring some added extra depth into the game no matter how shallow it is in the end. Also, being a composer I immediately came up with a thought for the music. I believe you have "the standard speed". The music should reflect the speed. So the faster the piggy runs the higher the tempo of the music is. This of course would require several audio files to avoid the squirrel effect. Just a thought

• Makes you laugh, eh? Haha! Great. I'm gonna have a wee intro story bit at the start. It's about a pig who eats a chilli (that's why he can shoot fireballs), he turns red n' can't stop running until he finds some water.

faster music for faster speed is a brilliant idea. Thanks.

• Yah, made me laugh =D And that is a perfect amount of story for a game like this, I got an immediate feeling of more depth and context =)

You are welcome! The faster tempo is rather easily done. Compose a piece with digital instruments and then just crank the tempo up according to need. No chipmunk stuff, just faster tempo and the same tune

• I love this so far. The style is fantastic and the expression on the pig's face is perfect.

The theme is hilarious and makes me think it could be applied to everything. Instead of coins, he's getting drops of water, to cool himself down...

One thing that came to mind — as the pig 'slides' i noticed he speeds up, which somehow felt contrary. I know you slide faster in soccer / etc... it just looked like he had hit the dirt, and should go slower.

If it's about getting through low spaces, maybe it's the animation that could be more 'slidey' (like megaman)?

Or if it's about speed, maybe a different animation (runs on all four legs, trips and falls (bacon roll), eats another chili, stabs himself in the ass with a fork, etc)

Anyway, enough unsolicited thoughts. Thanks for sharing, it looks fantastic!

• Hey, thanks for the feedback, lad. That's a cool idea about running on four legs, but I'm already attached to the slide 'cause it looks stupid as hell! Haha!

A wee update. I've added some baddies to the levels. Check this guy out.

Here's a new level (with placeholder graphics, those red things are lasers!)

• The cactus(?) looks so bad-ass! Love it! Do you have other enemies in mind?

Not that everything in the game would need a logical explanation but how come that lasers found their way to block Piggy from finding water? Is there some evil mastermind behind all this who hid the chili in his food in the first place?

• Amazing gameplay. I really liked the game.

Great work!

• Oh this is awesome, I really like the style and the gameplay, keep going!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the kind words, guys.

The cactus(?) looks so bad-ass! Love it! Do you have other enemies in mind?

I sure do. Gonna do a flying enemy too. The enemies' designs will change with different worlds 'cause they'll be set in the usual platformer themed levels like ice worlds, volcanos, space.

Not that everything in the game would need a logical explanation but how come that lasers found their way to block Piggy from finding water? Is there some evil mastermind behind all this who hid the chili in his food in the first place?

That laser level will be set in a futuristic cyber factory or space or something. lasers look outta place in a dessert. As for who put them there? I have no idea, let's just say it was some paranoid alien!

• That sounds good enough Gypopothomas!

I look forward to seeing your designs for the other worlds and settings!

• your sprite art is just adorable the pig looks terrified and the gameplay looks so fast and frantic I have been trying to think of something more constructive to say, but really I can't see anything wrong keep up the good work and get a demo out soon

• This pig is ridiculous funny!!!! I'd love to play with him.

• Love your art style and absolutely a fan of your character's expressions! Haha a sausage maker or ghost chili as bosses would be wicked!

• I'm anxius for more of that pig.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)