Spiderman Movement

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:50 pm

A lot of folks using C2 try to clone games, he just saying he aint gonna help doing that, but trust me, he knows his stuff - especially the little things.

You movement.
I tried something similar in a game long ago.
you got to slow it down.
try "move forward" @ 2 pixels for example using every tick.

I stored location of mouse click in global and had object move slowly towards that location.

Was awhile ago so I am not much help. But there are a few tutorials on this - and check the manual covering the mouse. You could use touch too, If I recall I used touch. (touch.x, touch.y)

Good Luck.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:54 pm

The reason why I mentioned cloning the game is because he said 'Someone show me how to make this game', then got angry and edited his comment to say 'I am looking to get it close to this game'. This was also after I had given him the answer he was looking for too.plinkie2013-09-17 14:56:39
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:58 pm

[QUOTE=cesarzevil] No need to say that I want to clone the game, I want to use that move at my own game ... offended me why I said that.
Thx [/QUOTE]

Your comment was 'Someone show me how to make this game' and then you provided a link to a game. Thanks for calling me a retard after I had posted the answer, I will look to avoid helping you in future. plinkie2013-09-17 14:58:28
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:03 pm

[QUOTE=plinkie] [QUOTE=cesarzevil] No need to say that I want to clone the game, I want to use that move at my own game ... offended me why I said that.
Thx [/QUOTE]

Your comment was 'Someone show me how to make this game' and then you provided a link to a game. Thanks for calling me a retard after I had posted the answer, I will look to avoid helping you in future. [/QUOTE]
To accuse me that I'm cloning a game, better not answer a post ...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:05 pm

I think English is problem here.
Anyways,
Here is a very simple move too.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c339j7ixdoqhzmt/simple%20move%20to.capx
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:05 pm

@DUTOIT as I can do to make out a straight line that gradually grows? spiderweb style
Thx
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:08 pm

[QUOTE=cesarzevil] [QUOTE=plinkie] [QUOTE=cesarzevil] No need to say that I want to clone the game, I want to use that move at my own game ... offended me why I said that.
Thx [/QUOTE]

Your comment was 'Someone show me how to make this game' and then you provided a link to a game. Thanks for calling me a retard after I had posted the answer, I will look to avoid helping you in future. [/QUOTE]
To accuse me that I'm cloning a game, better not answer a post ...[/QUOTE]

Ok, to end this thread now and repeat myself a third time...there was no 'accusation' or any kind of aggressive intent in my post, I was posting specific help for the player movement based on an assumption that you wanted help with that. Your original comment said 'Someone help me make this game' and you provided a link to it.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:10 pm

Umm, don't know, I would treat it like an extra long health bar. Look at health bar tutorials to get going on that.

There are lots and lots evolved with this movement, unfortunately most is going to be trial and error - lol.
You should also look up a plugin called moveto it has nice effects and extra options.
Good luck

Edit:
@cesarzevil, you did write
'Someone help me make this game' and you provided a link to it."
But possibly bad English is the cause here?
And I know @plinkie as super helpful and very knowledgeable and you were rude etc etc when he was trying to help.

Again, probably english at fault. Anyways, I don't like conflict. DUTOIT2013-09-17 15:16:06
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:26 pm

http://freespace.virgin.net/hugo.elias/models/m_pendul.htm
http://www.scirra.com/forum/spiderman-movement_topic57431.html
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:29 pm

@DUTOIT he just took offence to the word 'clone' for some reason. no conflict here, but yeah I provided my info, anyone else can add to that. I'm kinda done with this thread now phew : D
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?