Splat - A new Indiegogo Campaign

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:18 pm

I've recently started working on a Construct 2 game called Splat.

It's still in a very early stage but the game has an associated Indiegogo campaign:

Splat Indiegogo Campaign

Please check it out if you are interested.
B
G

Post » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:58 am

Well ...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 pm

A video showing early animation of pedestrian sprites can be seen here:

Splat - Pedestrians

This is a short clip showing 3 different pedestrian sprites walking around. At present the car doesn't collide with the sprites.Death animations are still to be developed as are the various sound effects.
B
G

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:34 am

There may be problems about having people splatter in blood after being road killed by a car. Maybe changing them to zombies would be more suitable.

**I know it sounds ridiculous but I was watching a video yesterday about old classic games being cancelled due to the violence of "actual" people dieing within the game. One of the games was called carmaggedon and it revolved around a 2.5d track in which a dude was roadkilling a set of people. And yea... it got banned.. Because it was promoting reckless driving or something like that.

Apparently its more appropriate to have zombies die then people..

But then again I'm not to sure

[QUOTE=SmartStartTools] A video showing early animation of pedestrian sprites can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8N6ks2vifM

This is a short clip showing 3 different pedestrian sprites walking around. At present the car doesn't collide with the sprites.Death animations are still to be developed as are the various sound effects.[/QUOTE]
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:03 am

Thanks for the comment. I would say though that there is a big difference between a realistic driving game and what is essentially a 2d platform game. I would be interested in the views of others though!

I should say that Carmageddon is actually one of my favourite games and a major influence on the development of this particular game.

Cheers

Brandon
B
G

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:18 am

Maybe at the time they thought it too realistic. Just seems silly now. It offered Zombies with green blood as alternate mode, you could offer green versions of the blood sprites for the sensitive. Plus you can market it as having a less gruesome mode, which really only makes people want to play more.
Carmageddon green blood splatter pic
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:36 am

Good idea Paradox!
B
G

Post » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:05 am

Actually, i think your game needs more work because i find this game, i doubt anyone is interesed... we never know.

Use your original imagination to make it more fun.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:31 am

I think the game seriously needs some physics on the car and ragdoll effects on the people.

This game really just needs physics.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:22 pm

To be honest, I am 99% sure that you won't make even 1 $ with this game. It needs a lot of work. For example that white edges of the graphics, it does not look very good.

The whole concept seems very uninteresting. There is no motivation to play this game.

By the way: Do you got the permission of the woman for using her picture?
B
S

Next

Return to Completed Creations