Split Screen

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:16 am

this is indeed very cool, but its not really a substitute for a full fledged "camera" object because it doesn't take into account things like parallax and 3d effects (box, distortion) which are based on the scroll position of an INDIVIDUAL viewpoint. these things would have to be re rendered for each camera.
of course with lucid s method you could solve this by moving the scroll to that position, pasting everything, ect for each viewpoint, but i dont think paralax and 3d things can be pasted properly (besides 3dbox) and im not sure the effects like that would update before frame drawing in the event phase. meaning things would be alot more complicated than simply having a nice object to do it for you, which is kinda what construct is supposed to be about, elegance and simplicity in game creation. so that you don't need to always fumble around and do multiple steps for things which should only take 1. another thing which would be cool to have in a camera object is for it to be able to rotate and move along XYZ, but that might be asking too much :lol:
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:46 pm

Yes a proper plugin/addon would still be really awesome to have, but until then lucid's "hack" idea will work well, and suffice needless to say for projects that are leaning toward simple.

Thanks a lot for the example lucid :)

Now, to use my phone to call David, and get him to make a proper split screen viewport object. :D

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:50 pm

[quote="SoldjahBoy":zgbo11vm]proper split screen viewport object.[/quote:zgbo11vm]
for me this means camera object with clip region, so you can have, say, 3 way split screen with triangular shape or whatever.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:32 pm

you could just do that with layer effects
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:19 am

A camera viewport that could be made into any shape would be super awesome.

Making things like sniper scopes, or three way splits, or other non-typical uses would be a lot easier, and also allow for more felixibility.

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:36 am

[quote="SoldjahBoy":zf9i7lu7]A camera viewport that could be made into any shape would be super awesome.

Making things like sniper scopes, or three way splits, or other non-typical uses would be a lot easier, and also allow for more felixibility.

~Sol[/quote:zf9i7lu7]

Seconded. This'd be really useful. Also, it'd be great if we'd have an easier way to temporarily switch to layout X and then back again.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:00 am

[quote="QuaziGNRLnose":30tj3iku]you could just do that with layer effects[/quote:30tj3iku]
you mean paste into canvas with a layer effect? is that doable?
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct Classic Discussion