Splynch [beta release]

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Sun May 16, 2010 6:42 am

Yeah the bad new's is the 3D box plug-in will end up malfunction with new releases, I'm not sure but is the 3D box plug-in gonna be removed in the future? or is Ashley working on it or will work on it when Construct 2 comes into development?

I read somewhere that the 3D box plug-in is obsolete and somewhat not supported, it's just to test out the limited 3D power of Construct.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 16, 2010 2:56 pm

[quote="LavaWave":1h490qdb]Yeah the bad new's is the 3D box plug-in will end up malfunction with new releases, I'm not sure but is the 3D box plug-in gonna be removed in the future? or is Ashley working on it or will work on it when Construct 2 comes into development?

I read somewhere that the 3D box plug-in is obsolete and somewhat not supported, it's just to test out the limited 3D power of Construct.[/quote:1h490qdb]
Well, that's unnerving...
I never heard that it would be removed, and in fact it hasn't been neglected as it started rendering properly again in 0.99.84. I thought it might not be updated, but won't be removed for compatibility. Since C2 is a complete rewrite, though, I can see it being removed then.

When it wasn't rendering, I did try re-doing the effect with mesh distortion, but the objects would disappear before they scrolled off screen so the effect was very incomplete, choppy looking, and completely un-presentable.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 27, 2010 2:27 am

I rather enjoyed your game! Nice overall retro feel, easy to play, feels really polished, etc. Especially liked the 3d background!

One nitpick: make sure in the final release you make it possible to speed up the points tally at the end of each level. The reward for getting more points shouldn't be having to wait longer at the end of a level. :)

Keep up the good work!
B
G

Post » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:57 am

Great game already so far! Hope you dont mind that I posted it on the daily click with a youtube quickvideo at: http://www.create-games.com/home.asp

Keep us informed on how the game is doing!

Be sure to follow us on twitter at: [url:sq584aa8]http://twitter.com/dailyclick[/url:sq584aa8]

And facebook: [url:sq584aa8]http://www.facebook.com/pages/create-gamescom/56213403779?ref=mf[/url:sq584aa8]
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:12 pm

I don't mind at all-- thank you very much!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:45 am

Damn thats an awesome game :D

Good job, very polished, and if I have a dream that i'm being chased by a giant skull tonight its ur fault!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:03 am

Hey I just thought that I would mention that I am the friend that Mr. Ksoft keeps mentioning. I help with the game, doing mostly design and such. He does most of the programming, but recently I have started helping a bit more. Finally decided to register for an account on this forum since I'm using the software more. I do have once question though, why do the screen-shots suck? Are they too generic or something?
B
G

Post » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:19 am

The problem with the screenshots isn't the screenshots - the beauty of this game is in its motion! Static images simply don't do it justice, since pixel graphic platformers are a dime a dozen these days.

Youtube is the answer!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:24 am

reminds me of kirby quite a bit, not to mention the current music :P

one thing i dislike is the power-up bar though, its EXTREMELY distracting, especially since the window is so "thin" height wise.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:47 am

I've noticed that as well occasionally. After a while, I guess you just don't notice it anymore. The game is far better since we switched it to wide screen. Before, you couldn't even see where you were jumping too. We tried zooming out but everything, including Splynch, was far too small. Since Splynch is a small sprite its hard to control it and see everything. Trust us, its far better this way. We could make that power-up bar semi-transparent. Would that be better?
B
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations