Sponsor List Verified

Ideas and discussion about publishing and distributing your games

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:32 pm

Alright so, figured i should start our own sponsor list with verified claims. Because one, i give two sh*ts about competition, and two, i want to help out struggling artists (yes, i think game development is an art form 8P) without trying to sell you something. Would be great if a mod made this post sticky.

This is a list for verified sponsors, which requires not only having published a game with a sponsor, but proven you done so.
I can't be the only one doing this as i don't always sell games or i am busy doing something else, so if you have sold games with
other sponsors, send me a message with your proof and i will update the list. This thread is not for sponsors to advertise themselves,
only for informing the reader of publishers that paid a developer with proof.

Alright so, all you need to do to be on the list is provide two of these information bellow.

- Receipt of transaction (black out private info please)
- Name of company and employee who you spoke with for this deal. (So i can verify the claim)
- Copy of the contract (if any, with private information blanked out please)

Also, please write a mini review of your experience with said company, like i done bellow.

Sponsor: Spilgames (A10)
-Offer: nonexclusive, exclusive, and sponsorship.
-Claims: Pixol Palette
-Sponser Review:

Here is my proof (contract) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/396 ... ctcopy.jpg

I spoke to Eduardo, one of there scouters for games from spilgames (a10).

So far (i'm new in it) i got a non-exclusive deal for both my games at at a single payout of $1,000. The game required that it work on both pc and mobile. From the deal, to the payment it to over a month. Didn't need to implement their api at all, but i took the liberty of removing that clause from the contract to be safe(i advise to not sign anything that was not part of the deal.) I finished their version in a week, and took the rest of the month to get paid. I used pay pal for my transaction. Besides the wait time to get paid, it all worked out fantastic. Thumbs up from me! PixelPalette2014-01-14 17:53:49

Do to a tip, i decided to make a bad sponsors list as well bellow.

Sponsor: Prion Games
Reason: Does not pay, and in trouble with government.
Last edited by PixelPalette on Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:46 pm

Congratulations PixelPalette, and thank you for starting such a wonderful thread.
Banned User
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:47 pm

One question though. Is that $1000 a month for two games?
Banned User
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:56 pm

[QUOTE=stevefromio] One question though. Is that $1000 a month for two games?[/QUOTE]

Single payout. I didn't try for more, since it was my first deal. I'll keep this up to date, if i sell another game with them. 8)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:10 pm

That sounds great.
Banned User
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:14 pm

@PixelPalette congratulations for the deal.
Can i ask you if it was a game optimized to moblie browsers or desktop browser?(i would like to know if there is some market for better/complex games in desktop browser in these days...)

Thanks.cesisco2014-01-14 17:15:08
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:47 pm

[QUOTE=cesisco] @PixelPalette congratulations for the deal.
Can i ask you if it was a game optimized to moblie browsers or desktop browser?(i would like to know if there is some market for better/complex games in desktop browser in these days...)

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

It was an HTML5 web game, so the requirement is that it ran on both desktop and mobile. Spilgames say they only want high quality games, so if its a more complex game then most, then its even better. Just make sure you full screen and add input detection (touch/keyboard.)PixelPalette2014-01-14 17:50:01
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:54 pm

Edited the original post to clarify what platform it was for.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:02 pm

I love to play the game. Do you have a link? Is it in the arcade?
Banned User
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:34 pm

[QUOTE=stevefromio] I love to play the game. Do you have a link? Is it in the arcade?[/QUOTE]

No, i don't upload to the arcade. I might if they allow revenue sharing in the future though.

You can play Surface, but for Downhill Rush i have to remove the sponsor stuff and too lazy right now. lol

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39646614/Surface/index.html

B
S
G

Next

Return to Distribution and Publishing