Sponsor List Verified

Ideas and discussion about publishing and distributing your games

Post » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:21 am

[QUOTE=ThunderLion] So do they have the right to publish the games to Google Play, App Store, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I still have all the rights i did before. None exclusive license is just for allowing the sponsor to host your game on their sites.PixelPalette2014-01-17 00:25:13
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:24 am

[QUOTE=Joannesalfa] Do they only pay $ 500 each game?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you can get more with negotiation. I'm new to this, so i decided not to do so, to see if i got paid.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:05 am

If they have rights to publish in the stores, you are supposed to get their earning per month. Do you earn share revenue from their?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:45 am

[QUOTE=Joannesalfa] If they have rights to publish in the stores, you are supposed to get their earning per month. Do you earn share revenue from their?[/QUOTE]

Don't know, you'll have to ask them that. The deal was to host it on their sites. I don't think they put the games in the stores anyway. They want traffic to their sites.PixelPalette2014-01-17 04:46:34
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:43 pm

Congratulations first of all @PixelPalette on having made money with your games! It's definitely a fullfilling experience when that finally starts to happen!

What slightly confused me is that you mention those being non-exclusive deals, yet when viewing the contract there is the line "SPIL's right to distribute and transmit the Game shall be exclusive".

Just for the information of anyone who wants to start monetizing his games, the following line is taken from Clay.io:

"Try not to under-price your game. Typically HTML5 games (that work on mobile devices) go for $500-$1,000 per non-exclusive license."

And my admittedly still fairly limited experience pretty much agrees with that statement. So I surely hope PixelPalette didn't sign an exclusive agreement here, since that should have definitely made him more money.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:32 pm

Following on from @PixelRebirth 's license observation, I've also just noticed that the contract term says perpetual.

I've heard quotes on other posts / forums stating that gaming sites will either pay a monthly fee, or make a one off payment.

I had previously presumed that a "one off payment" would be in reference to an annual contract term.

If such sites are making one off payments for a perpetual contract term, then we should possibly expect a larger payment!?

PixelPalette, I think what you've done is fantastic, but I'm just trying to gauge how much we should be asking for, when entering into these contracts. Blacksmith2014-01-17 15:34:14
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:34 pm

ON a side note, are you suppose to only be able to dash on the upward (ascent) portion of the jump?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:46 pm

[QUOTE=PixelRebirth] Congratulations first of all @PixelPalette on having made money with your games! It's definitely a fullfilling experience when that finally starts to happen!

What slightly confused me is that you mention those being non-exclusive deals, yet when viewing the contract there is the line "SPIL's right to distribute and transmit the Game shall be exclusive".

Just for the information of anyone who wants to start monetizing his games, the following line is taken from Clay.io:

"Try not to under-price your game. Typically HTML5 games (that work on mobile devices) go for $500-$1,000 per non-exclusive license."

And my admittedly still fairly limited experience pretty much agrees with that statement. So I surely hope PixelPalette didn't sign an exclusive agreement here, since that should have definitely made him more money.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Rebirth! Any news on that retro platformer of yours, or was that canceled? Looked cool the last time i saw it.

I'll have a word with them, with the questions brought up. But doesn't matter to me honestly, i know i could have handled the deal better. But you give good advice, that these readers should remember. I will update my first post with yours and others investigation on the contract.

Thanks again! 8)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:49 pm

[QUOTE=Blacksmith] Following on from @PixelRebirth 's license observation, I've also just noticed that the contract term says perpetual.

I've heard quotes on other posts / forums stating that gaming sites will either pay a monthly fee, or make a one off payment.

I had previously presumed that a "one off payment" would be in reference to an annual contract term.

If such sites are making one off payments for a perpetual contract term, then we should possibly expect a larger payment!?

PixelPalette, I think what you've done is fantastic, but I'm just trying to gauge how much we should be asking for, when entering into these contracts. [/QUOTE]

No no, its good to bring these questions up for the readers of this post. I'll talk with Edgardo, and post the questions brought up with their response in the first post.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:52 pm

[QUOTE=BluePhaze] ON a side note, are you suppose to only be able to dash on the upward (ascent) portion of the jump?[/QUOTE]

Dash action only works side ways, in air or ground level. Once level was used for the downward dash, but that has then been removed a while back, and the level reworked so it does not need that action.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Distribution and Publishing