Sprite Animation Problems

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Carousel Animation, make carousel of you image gallery or anything
  • Ok, I am a new user who registered to ask for help since I can't find any topic about the help I need.

I am working on a 2D Plataform game and I am currently trying to make the Character's animations...

Here it is the problem:

Everytime the character moves, on the plataform is going to bounce a little bit, I think it's because the sizes aren't the same, but I have the same problem with a "Stop" animation where the character is bliking and just keeps bouncing, but the sizes between the animation's frames are the same, 602x627... (One thing, only some frames bounce on the plataform, not every frame...)

I would like to have some help with this problem, and I would like to ask a thing, is it possible to make the Character stay with a size and then make the animations the same size as it? Because all I do it's making the size of the Character smaller AND the animation's size smaller too. I would like to have some help, by the way, thanks for the attention.

And, I am soooooooo sorry for my english...

• The most likely problem is your collision polygons for each frame. Either make a polygon you like on your first frame, right-click on it and copy it to the rest of the animation OR (and this is my preferred method) have your character be just a rectangle Sprite with all of the code and logic tied to that. Then just attach a second object with all of your animations to that so your animations and logic are independent.

• you should disable collisions for items that have no collision whatsoever. for example - if you make a floor - it's a floor that won't be collided with in anyway, and sprites on it move independantly of it, so you can turn off collision for ground for example. but if you have a sprite that represents a wall that is placed somewhere on the ground - obviously you need to have collision on for that because your sprite will collide with it.

other thing is - if you're doing a platform thing - you should turn off bouncing and bounce when you need it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • you should disable collisions for items that have no collision whatsoever. for example - if you make a floor - it's a floor that won't be collided with in anyway, and sprites on it move independantly of it, so you can turn off collision for ground for example. but if you have a sprite that represents a wall that is placed somewhere on the ground - obviously you need to have collision on for that because your sprite will collide with it.

other thing is - if you're doing a platform thing - you should turn off bouncing and bounce when you need it.

How do I turn off bouncing?

• The most likely problem is your collision polygons for each frame. Either make a polygon you like on your first frame, right-click on it and copy it to the rest of the animation OR (and this is my preferred method) have your character be just a rectangle Sprite with all of the code and logic tied to that. Then just attach a second object with all of your animations to that so your animations and logic are independent.

I will do the rectangle sprite and then make the animation attached, but should I do it with the Pin Behavior?

• The pin behavior should work (admittedly I've never used it). Otherwise, just set the position of one object to the other every tick.

• I am doing this form as well One Tip ive found is place your animation "feet" in the edit image to the bottom of the frame and make them all the same size prefer something like 32x32 or 32x64 or 64x32 just something in 32s and you will have to reedit the origin point a dozen times to get it sync up with the new sprite pinned.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)