Sprite bank assistance *Solved

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:35 am

I need some help using the sprite bank plugin. I'm new to construct 2 but I do understand the basic functions and plugins. Right now i'm trying to make a game that involves two layouts and when you click space bar button the character sprite changes from layout 1 to layout 2 and clicking space bar again does the same thing.

But I want the characters to be in the same spot for both layouts (if that makes any sense).

So basically
-when the character moves in layout 1, position x and y are saved
-When you click spacebar, transfer character position x and y to layout 2
-respawn in layout 2 in same x and y position as layout 1
-repeat when going from layout 2 to layout 1

I can't seem to find a way for the layouts to save the position of the character sprites. I did find a plugin called "sprite bank" but i'm a little confused on how it works. Any help is appreciated and if possible could someone provide a capx example of layer changing with x and y values being saved only? I did try the plugin but when i change layers, the old sprite creates multiple copies of itself so maybe i gotta add a destroy action?retrodude2012-10-14 20:55:07

Post » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:27 am

Might try making the object global, of course that adds some issues, enough for me to say you might want to rethink the layout switching, for layers perhaps.
Image Image

Return to How do I....?