Sprite covering multiple instances

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:56 pm

Hm. Perhaps the object pairer might work? I'd have to link them individually, perhaps for each spawn, but after that it might work. When I get back on my construct computer later tonight I'll try it out, based on the example in the upload forum.
B
G

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:20 pm

[quote="deadeye":378thl89]And honestly I don't think it's that hacky of a practice[/quote:378thl89]

Hack or not, you can't deny that setting up events and actions for games would be a heck of a lot easier if you had only one sprite to deal with per distinct in-game object. As it stands right now, you need two sprites for each object, with events and actions distributed between them.

I just feel it would be great if you could say "the bounding box for this sprite is W*H pixels in size, offset from the hotspot by XY pixels". Or better yet, the way there are several animations per sprite, it could be possible to have a special image called collision mask, which would override the pixel collisions of the animation frames.

Anyway, I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I'm going to open up a topic on this in the feature requests forum to continue discussing this.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:03 am

We're going to have a custom collision mask feature for 1.0. This'll be in the Picture Editor, and you can draw it out.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:20 am

Would it be possible to specify multiple types of collision boxes? Street Fighter, for instance, has boxes to determine where you can hit others, and boxes to determine where you can BE hit.
B
G

Post » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:46 am

[quote="fieari":1q1ucohj]Would it be possible to specify multiple types of collision boxes? Street Fighter, for instance, has boxes to determine where you can hit others, and boxes to determine where you can BE hit.[/quote:1q1ucohj]

You could probably just place all of your hitboxes inside a container with the sprite then have them attached to image points on it. Although multiple collision masks could be a handy feature that I don't think any other program has. :)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic