Sprite Error

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • I wrote all the details on stackechange, but I think i'd have a better chance here. This is what I wrote:

"I tried to preview my game, but then I got an error. I reloaded Construct, and tried to go to my project, but this error appeared. Anybody know what to do?

I don't know how to get into the "project texture folder", if that's what I need to do."

Also, heres the link to my stackexchange post: gamedev.stackexchange.com/quest ... onstruct-2

• I wrote all the details on stackechange, but I think i'd have a better chance here. This is what I wrote:

"I tried to preview my game, but then I got an error. I reloaded Construct, and tried to go to my project, but this error appeared. Anybody know what to do?

I don't know how to get into the "project texture folder", if that's what I need to do."

Also, heres the link to my stackexchange post: https://gamedev.stackexchange.com/quest ... onstruct-2

I don't understand why on Earth you would post to StackExchange for a C2 error(!?)

However, if your project is a .capx, then use Winzip, 7zip, Winrar etc to unzip to a new folder. This should allow you to see the Project folders. If it is already saved as a Project rather than a .capx, skip the unzipping part.

The error says the 'TiledBackground.png' is missing from the 'Textures' folder, so just add any graphic to the 'Textures' folder and rename it as 'TiledBackground.png'.

That should at least allow you to open your project.

If not, then consider posting the project here for us to check for you.

• > I wrote all the details on stackechange, but I think i'd have a better chance here. This is what I wrote:

>

> "I tried to preview my game, but then I got an error. I reloaded Construct, and tried to go to my project, but this error appeared. Anybody know what to do?

>

> I don't know how to get into the "project texture folder", if that's what I need to do."

>

> Also, heres the link to my stackexchange post: gamedev.stackexchange.com/quest ... onstruct-2

>

I don't understand why on Earth you would post to StackExchange for a C2 error(!?)

However, if your project is a .capx, then use Winzip, 7zip, Winrar etc to unzip to a new folder. This should allow you to see the Project folders. If it is already saved as a Project rather than a .capx, skip the unzipping part.

The error says the 'TiledBackground.png' is missing from the 'Textures' folder, so just add any graphic to the 'Textures' folder and rename it as 'TiledBackground.png'.

That should at least allow you to open your project.

If not, then consider posting the project here for us to check for you.

I decompressed it with WinRAR, but I couldn't find the textures folder, which is weird because there was one for all my other projects. What can i do next?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Then it is likely the whole project is corrupted.

Hopefully, you will have set the autosave & backup preferences - see section on 'Autosave' HERE.

How to retrieve autosave/backup is covered also.

If you haven't set C2 up to autosave/backup then you have learnt a painful lesson on why a good backup policy should always be implemented, unfortunately.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)