Sprite Flips Upside Down

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:53 am

I just started using construct and I imported a sprite with a couple of animations: idle and run. When I assign the default 8-way control mechanism, the sprite flips upside down whenever I move left. It also, strangely enough, flips face down and face up when I press the up/down arrow keys. How do I fix these issues?
B

Post » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:02 am

Change the 'Set Angle' property for the 8-directional behavior to 'No'. I believe that's it.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:02 am

Use Platform instead of 8-Direction.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:05 pm

Well, both of those stop the flipping, but I had assumed there was a way where it would automatically flip properly. So, I have to write behaviors that flip the animation facing left when the character faces left?
B

Post » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:14 pm

I was able to fix it by adding keyboard events and mirroring the sprite.
B

Post » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:49 am

I have a bird. If I use platform, he goes along the ground. If I use 8 directions and limit to left & right, he flips upside down for left. He is NOT a player character so I can't use keyboard events. I tried if angle is between this & that angle - mirror... but I'm not sure why it's not helping. Any suggestions?
B
S

Post » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:25 am

[QUOTE=Eliyahna] I have a bird. If I use platform, he goes along the ground. If I use 8 directions and limit to left & right, he flips upside down for left. He is NOT a player character so I can't use keyboard events. I tried if angle is between this & that angle - mirror... but I'm not sure why it's not helping. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

@Eliyahna

Set angle to no for the behavior

then you set the mirrored at the same time as you simulate the control
https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=152506

And that is why you shall respect the bug reports guidelines, not only giving a capx is making the bug reproductible in one click in a situation they can work with (less time wasted trying to reproduce vague instructions) but also it helps filtering false positives.

Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:04 pm

What do you mean when you simulate control? This sprite is not controlled by anyone...
B
S

Return to How do I....?