Sprite Flips Upside Down

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Set of tiles to create a map for top-down games with island theme
  • I just started using construct and I imported a sprite with a couple of animations: idle and run. When I assign the default 8-way control mechanism, the sprite flips upside down whenever I move left. It also, strangely enough, flips face down and face up when I press the up/down arrow keys. How do I fix these issues?

• Change the 'Set Angle' property for the 8-directional behavior to 'No'. I believe that's it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Use Platform instead of 8-Direction.

• Well, both of those stop the flipping, but I had assumed there was a way where it would automatically flip properly. So, I have to write behaviors that flip the animation facing left when the character faces left?

• I was able to fix it by adding keyboard events and mirroring the sprite.

• I have a bird. If I use platform, he goes along the ground. If I use 8 directions and limit to left & right, he flips upside down for left. He is NOT a player character so I can't use keyboard events. I tried if angle is between this & that angle - mirror... but I'm not sure why it's not helping. Any suggestions?

• I have a bird. If I use platform, he goes along the ground. If I use 8 directions and limit to left & right, he flips upside down for left. He is NOT a player character so I can't use keyboard events. I tried if angle is between this & that angle - mirror... but I'm not sure why it's not helping. Any suggestions?

Eliyahna

Set angle to no for the behavior

then you set the mirrored at the same time as you simulate the control

• What do you mean when you simulate control? This sprite is not controlled by anyone...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)