Sprite Font Generator - v3

Discussion of tools and resources for game developers

Post » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:16 am

is there a reason why sometimes the generated font within Construct is distorted at times? For example, if I export a font at size 72 and scale it down within construct, it looks distorted compared to exporting a size 24 and using it at scale of 1.

Sometimes, the character widths also seem off. For example, I am trying to use roboto which looks great on googles website for fonts, but in construct the spacing is very different after using this sprite font generator.

Has this occured to anyone? Any solution ?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:33 am

@humanescape
Scaling any bitmap will distort it. The clearest version will always be at scale=1.

Are you importing the spacing data correctly? Post a sample CAPX to show the problem.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:34 am

blackhornet wrote:@humanescape
Scaling any bitmap will distort it. The clearest version will always be at scale=1.

Are you importing the spacing data correctly? Post a sample CAPX to show the problem.

I can create a CAPX tonight if needed.
Here is a screencap. You will see the Construct example above and google font below. Notice some of the spacing is not correct. With the google example, spacing is even. With Construct it is not. By using a scale of 1:1, it is better but not good still (some lettering seems off). It makes for some odd looking text due to the spacing. Do I need to increase the padding adjustment? I have the spacing set within construct as per the saved file from the generator.

B
S
G

Previous

Return to Tools and Resources