Sprite Font GRRRR

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Creepy Sprite Font suitable font for your Dark/Horror/Halloween games.
  • I hate the Sprite Font plugin! Sorry, but I just don't get on with it. SpriteFont+ I love, but the default one I guess I just don't get.

SpriteFont+ doesn't work with CocoonJS it seems (not sure why), so I have to use the default one. I've gone through the set up of loops and arrays a few times, but for some reason I can't get this one to work. Having to do this for each and every font, and then doing trial and error over and over until I get it the right size is a real chore.

Would someone mind having a look and seeing what I'm missing? One font is working fine, but the other simply isn't.

Red font = fine

Green font = large spaces

It looks the same whether I use the loop setup or not.

I've included the font sprite and the font text file.

Sprite Font

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's actually a 'case' issue. You have "Y" in the For-loop, but "y" in the loopindex(). Changing the capital to lower-case fixes the issue. The one that worked, seems to be a fluke.

• blackhornet

Thanks so much. I'm warming to it again now! Such a silly mistake for me to make. Been scratching my head over this simple thing for so long.

• Strangely enough, the red text doesn't work unless I keep it as low y and large Y.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)