Sprite font plugin - change "space" width?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:38 pm

@Agni If your font sheet has enough space around the fonts, you can use Photoshop to make multiple selection and then use move tool. I am not expert in PS but this will do the trick.
You can see an example of what I mean.

Example

P.S. I am pressing arrow keys to move the selection pixel by pixel
and sorry for my lame selection technique :P
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:12 pm

@Cipriux

Thanks Cipriux! This just feels rather time-consuming if there are multiple fonts and font-styles that I'm working with (and upper/lowercase characters). I haven't seen any other spritefont/bitmap font tools that do the left-aligning to solve pixel perfect rounding issues.

Isn't it much easier to be able to take the png output from a program like BMFont or FontFactory and plug it in directly? The programs calculate your pixel widths as well so you can import it directly into an array and set character widths that way instead of manually measuring the width of each character.
B
S

Post » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:40 pm

@Agni It is time consuming, but you do it one time only for every font that you want to use. I had made a template in CorelDraw and make my life easier when I want to change the font type. I just select the individual characters and change font type.
[EDIT]
Example 2Cipriux2013-07-09 18:31:14
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General