Sprite font vs text

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:13 pm

I've had all kinds of odd issues with SpriteFonts especially when resizing them. I had odd vertical lines show up and other peculiarities. I think we will just eat the performance loss to use the nicer looking Text objects.
https://www.ravenheart.ca/home
Company name changed to avoid Facebook-type shenanigans

"Someone once told me I bite off more than I can chew...

I told them I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity."
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:51 am

GamerGon wrote:Sprite fonts are... sprites, so, it renders just like any other sprite. It works perfect.
The only "issue" is to set the right space between characters because the space between an "i" and an "l" is not the same between a "w" and an "m". You can adjust it in an event sheet, character by character. You'll just need to test your character space configuration with several diferent text.

;)

GamerGon,

Would you care to share how exactly you would adjust that in the event sheet? I am having issues with that very problem. In my case I have a timer that references a sprite font and if I adjust the distance between the characters (using "character spacing" set to a negative value) then I can get my "1"s and ":"s close to the next character but other, wider characters are then overlapping. I'm trying to find a balance but if I could manually set the distance between key characters then I would be quite happy. Any information you have on that would be most appreciated.

Thank you!
B
S

Post » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:06 am

@E2GameStudios

Would this help?

I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:42 pm

Thank you LittleStain. I will give that a try!
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?