sprite import fail - modificated image

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Minimal Sprite Font with Stroke for Pixel Art games.
  • Hello Construct users,

i'am using this cool program since two weeks, but i'am failing everytime on the same...

When I import a sprite thrught the double click on my layout and chose "Sprite" and chose a picture in the little painting program its won't shown corectly in my layout.

this problem appears with other pictures the same way (ghostshooter tutorial pictures....)

thanks and sorry for my english

edit :

i'am using Construct 0.99.97

• The first step would be to make sure you install the latest graphics drivers for your card, and try again.

Krush.

• What graphics editor are you using?

• i'am have the newest graphic drivers and using the standart editor to import sprites etc...

its only with pictures with not complete alpha mask!

• What file format are you importing?

I find the PNG is by far the best file format for importing graphics with transparency, and BMP bitmaps for anything that doesn't need transparency.

Although I use TGAs for 3D modelling, I stay away from them for Construct because there were a lot of problems (don't know if that's still the case).

Remember, if you're using TGAs, make sure they are uncompressed, and if you're using PNG, make sure they are not interlaced.

Edit: You didn't say which program you're using to create the graphics with.

Krush.

• okay thanks to you KrushBrother!

for import i'am using jpg

but can you help me with this marked thinks:

"Although I use TGAs for 3D modelling, I stay away from them for Construct because there were a lot of problems (don't know if that's still the case).

Remember, if you're using TGAs, make sure they are uncompressed, and if you're using PNG, make sure they are not interlaced."

I dont know what you meaning....

PS: I using http://www.getpaint.net/ for my grafics, but if i import some from the ghost-shooter tutorial its the same ....,

but what are you using for that?

• Sure.

Any graphics you create yourself in a graphics program have to be saved in one format or another, and you've said you are saving yours as jpg.

Firstly, I'd recommend going back into your paint package and saving out as BMP if you don't need any transparency, or as a PNG if you do need transparency.

But to be honest, I think there's something else going on here, because JPEGs do work fine with Construct.

As for the points you marked out, I do a lot of 3D modelling in 3D Max, and the mainstay format for models is TGA, but when I first came to Construct, it became clear that TGAs didn't work well with Construct.

It was only mentioned just in case TGA was the format you were using.

The other point you marked refers to the options you are given when saving a graphics file.

Saving TGAs gives you the option to compress the texture when saving, and PNG gives you the option to save as interlaced.

Again these were mentioned just in case you were using either of those formats, which we now know isn't the case.

I still believe that it looks like the graphics card drivers.

I've had similar looking glitches when my drivers were out of date (for instance when I first bough MineCraft I had lines like that in-game), and updating the drivers was the only fix.

Krush.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • okay thanks now its clear for me what you are meaning!

okay i will look for some updates for my GPU!

Minecraft!

edit:

its give realy an update, i don't thougt

edit�: doesn't helped...

:S

• Try using power of 2 images, this fixes it for me - eg. 32x32, 64x64,128x128 etc.

Check this thread:

• Same problem here. After installing ....97 version of construct on win 7 64.

But for me it only happens when i try to crop an image in internal graphic editor, i still can import any file with any size, but croping it (with transparency or without) messing up that image.

• okay i will test it with the 32x32, 64x64,128x128 images

and with a other version of construct!

thanks

• yay thanks

its working with 32x32, 64x64,128x128 imgaes

in an older version its like the fail in .97

hopefully it will made better in a newer version!

thanks to all!

• It seems the newest nvidia driver fix that issue.

Everything is working again. Layer thumbnail and non power of 2 texture are displayed correctly.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)