Sprite mirroring resetting after resize ?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple resize and rotate events for any sprite, quick and easy event sheet that you can use for your own projects.
  • I'm new to Construct and I am working on a game that kept me awake for the last couple of nights until find out the "problem":

After I set mirrored to a sprite then resize it, the "set mirrored" property resets to default. Is this supposed to be by design, or what?

I think the logic way (the way every editing software work) is to keep the previous states of the object and focus on the current one.

I am really not finding the logic behind most of Construct 2 workflow.

capx

This is the game I'm working on....to see I have done my homework and is kind of complex algorithm finding the continuity of the pipes. Now I have to make the water flow through the pipes and I want to mirror and flip the animation representing the water (not shown here).

Pipe_game

Is there anyone who can help me a little further making the animation of the water? I can give the capx in private.(but is a biiiiiig mess inside)

Can I use the pathfinding behaviour by any chance?

Thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • To answer your question regarding mirroring, when you mirror a sprite, you're essentially settings it's width to negative. So if you have a sprite with a width of 25, and you set it to mirror, its width is -25. So in your example, your resizing back to un-mirrored dimensions.

• zatyka Thank you for the info. I was not aware of that.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)