Sprite Sheets

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:02 pm

[QUOTE=Ashley] [QUOTE=PoseMotion]Don't forget about PNG8 w/alpha.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately reducing the color depth is not something Construct 2 can do automatically. Construct 2 must always work in the general case, and many images look terrible after color depth reduction. So that's not something we can always apply to reduce filesize.

We might be able to add compression settings in future, but for now everything has to be PNG32, and as you saw the savings for that are only around 12%. If you are that concerned about reducing filesize after export, you can run your own tools over the exported PNG images, and you should see similar gains.[/QUOTE]
I was just trying to help explain sprite sheets and optimization.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:31 am

Has any of this information changed when it comes to Sprite Sheets and using Texture Packer? @Ashley
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:39 pm

@RookieDev - yes, this thread is way out of date! Construct 2 now automatically spritesheets everything on export. For more information see Construct 2's export-time optimisations
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:00 am

Thank You @Ashley I was just wondering what the main changes were,I did join the construct 2 community just in time to get the new update with image deduplication.Thank you once again for the link reference.
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General