Sprite Size and required space

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:21 am

go to youtube and find brashmonkey channel.there he has all the tutorials for you to get started.after you study them and you get stuck i will try to help you out
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:26 am

cocconjs do not support layout by layout loading.this means that the second you fire up your game it loads all assets (from all levels even if you do not use most of them for the first one) to memory and most cell phones with less ram than 1gb are having a really difficult time loading a game like that.
so your problem lies with your assets.
use tilemaps
make smaller pngs in size
repeat assets
READ ASHLEYS TUTORIAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:23 pm

i think that spriter plugin isnt dealing well with small movements.
my monster walk cycle has a small head movement, but when i put it into construct, this movement looks like very not smooth.. i dont know why.. looks like frame skipping..
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:19 pm

it has to do with the way you design the outlines in photoshop or the color pallet that you use vs your backdrops.
very small lines and excessive detail don't work well with real time tweening or 2d animation in general.
this is a very big topic and i do not know how experienced of a graphic artist you are but in general,
creating games in a high level (not flappy bird) creates huge conflicts between technologies and you have to adapt in each and every new challenge that comes ahead.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:02 pm

but it looks like the small movements are'nt doing well like its doing only integer values and not the little movements, that looks like frameskip only in the monster head
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:13 pm

are you using pixel rounding to "on" ?
if yes that is your problem since spriter tweens sub pixel and pixel rounding only in integer
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:44 pm

Spriter author wrote (somewhere at this forum) that they are planing to implement integer-pixel animations someday.. But at the moment it's only works with sub pixel enabled. It looks smoother this way, anyhow.
Need help? Upload .capx file with your question.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:07 am

problem solved.
i set pixel rounding to off and now the animation is fine.
pixel rounding have any impact on performance?
thank you!
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?