Spritefont is broken.

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Forget about default textbox restrictions, you can create sprites atop of the textbox
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

designchris.com/spritefontisbroken.capx

Steps to reproduce:

1. Capx will reset itself after 5 seconds to produce the 1st bug

2. 2nd box should have different text as it's a new box and font.

Observed result:

first box works until layout reset, second box doesn't work.

Expected result:

first box shows counter, second box says "this is working"

Confirmed working in previous revision.

Browsers affected:

Chrome: yes

Firefox: yes

Internet Explorer: yes

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 7 64-bit, latest SP

Construct 2 version:

beta r133

• I really hope that a fix can be made as sprite font is a very popular plugin.

• The plugin is buggy, and it is not even being supported by the developer anymore. It will stop working at anytime so rely on it is not a good idea

• Bug reports in this forum are only for the built-in plugins, not the third-party ones.

Better report that type of bugs in the official topic of the plugin/to its author.

• Kyatric the bug is not with the plugin it is with the changes introduced with 133.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have never had any problems with sprite font. Works perfectly with cocoonjs on different devices. I haven't tested r133 yet. I'm still surprised that Construct2 doesn't have official spritefont plugin because it's the only way for serious projects.

• czar :

Do not use third party plugins in your .capx file. This is necessary to prove the problem is not caused by another developer's code, which Scirra can't support.

The topic is titled "SpriteFont is broken"

If there is an issue or a modification to make so that the SpriteFont plugin is compatible with C2's latest release it has to be made be the author of the plugin and it is an issue with the plugin, not C2.

• The problem is the author has dropped supporting sprite font. It wouldn't be a hassle if C2 had a Texture Font feature but it doesn't which is, not just a shame, but perplexing to say the least. Hence the reason people are worried that v133 has broken the plugin. My project which cost a significant amount of money and time to create depends on sprite font, however, it also requires v133 as Ashley has fixed the wrap issue. So if Ashley can fix the the cause then that would help us a great deal.

• YES, The Spritefont plugins not work on r133.And I found if I creat every character as a sprite.It cause a low performance on mobile. C2 realy need an official spritefont plugin.

• YES, The Spritefont plugin not work on r133.And I found if I creat every character as a sprite.It cause a low performance on mobile. C2 realy need an official spritefont plugin.

• if you recreate each "object" with "new object"->"spritefont" that work on r133 (for me i've no problem).

Just have bug if you "clone" the object with the optimisation.

But sprite font work on r133

• if you recreate each "object" with "new object"->"spritefont" that work on r133 (for me i've no problem).

Just have bug if you "clone" the object with the optimisation.

But sprite font work on r133

How to create each object as new object spritefont?

There is one spritefont object in r133 . It worked. But I insert another spritefont not clone the spritefont, put it on the stage. They not worked.

• It turns out this is a bug in the WebGL renderer that was introduced in r133. It separately affected the 9-patch plugin so it should be working in the next build. It should also already work correctly in r133 with WebGL disabled.

Note we don't normally support third party plugins. You should factor this in to your decisions to use third party plugins in any important projects you have.

• Ashley agreed regarding the 3rd part plugins but in this case we are left with no reasonable alternative. The Sprite Font has no official equivalent. The only alternative would be to create different textures for all text in a project which become quite cumbersome and inefficient with texture memory.

If I understand correctly the next build will fix the problem we are having with sprite font? If so I am most relieved.

• czar scirra.com/forum/topic69032.html

Already more powerful than spritefont in certain ways. Missing a few features though but I can't complain!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)