SpriteFont (v0.99.5RC) - new update, small bugfixes

Post and try out addons that are currently in development.

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:37 pm

Wow, awesome! Thanks guys!

I've got a weird bug now where it doesn't write sometimes. What's weird about it is if I debug it writes properly. I'll try to make a .cap.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:35 am

Lucid this is absolutely amazing. thanks so much.
I like to use it instead of the tiled object too, which seems broken.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:15 pm

I apologize for the lack of progress everyone
really at an important part of my personal project though
and I need to take advantage of some unanticipated free time while I have it

but I promise I haven't given up on perfecting spritefont
just give me some time
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:48 am

is there support for european characters? Do I have to set the range via a text string for that?

Also, Is there a way to control character spacing per character based on the actual with of that frame?

thanks
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:38 pm

no support for nonUS ascii characters, unfortunately. that was a programming inexperience result..not a design decision.

it should (and it works when i use it) set character width to the frame width automatically if you dont set it manually
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:56 pm

Still an awesome plugin. Any chance of getting support for eoropean characters in a future update? Is it a limitation in construct that you cant "reach them" in the pull-down menu?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:43 pm

im not sure if you can type in the characters or use them in the dropdown, but no, as i said. i just wasnt sure how to support them.

when i was first starting this plugin i asked for anyone to please explain to me how to even type them to screen with a regular keyboard as a start, but i had no friends at the time and no one answered me. i also asked google, but i guess everyone who needs to alreadyy knows how, or i wasnt asking the right questions, cuz i couldnt find anything relevant to my searches

as far as adding it in the future
its possible, but it would be much further in the future if at all
if anyone can tell me if you can type the nonstandard characters into constructs textboxes, itd be a start
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:07 pm

Wouldn't it be possible to just map them yourself by replacing other less used characters?
For example you could replace lower case a with ~ by importing a custom frame in the animator bar.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:29 pm

"i asked for anyone to please explain to me how to even type them to screen with a regular keyboard"

umm when i read that i thought someone would post somethin cuz i have no idea what you would have to use on the coding side and i might be off but did you mean alt codes like alt + (3) or (4) different numbers in a row http://french.about.com/od/writing/ss/typeaccents_7.htm or the ime http://www.google.com/search?q=ime&ie=u ... =firefox-a for east asian text input :?: most programs seem to follow a standard system to make the characters just by switching to that language mode and typing the standard code for the characters from my experience or there r special keyboards in their native language with the characters for that language instead english. dunno if this helps
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:35 pm

[quote="lucid":1dwlp178]if anyone can tell me if you can type the nonstandard characters into constructs textboxes, itd be a start[/quote:1dwlp178]
I don't know if it's possible. The usual Windows way - which at least works okay in WordPad, if not Notepad, or a web browser - doesn't seem to work in Construct.
You can copy and paste them, or some of them, it seems.

I should share a generated list of almost all the Unicode characters I made, and a Javascript tool I made/hacked together from tutorials, function references, and stuff. It'll let you figure out the alt code of any Unicode character you can copy and paste, and a ready source of the characters to copy and paste.
The tool gives output such as: 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231
That tells you you need to hold alt, then press 0224 on the number pad, to get . Doesn't work in construct, but it works in Wordpad. It looks like that line can be copy and pasted, though - and those even show up with the Text object.

Here is the tool: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1712024/chartool.html
One thing the "HTML evaluator" setting in it is useful for is entering HTML like à, the kind of things the "Character Value (HTML)" setting outputs.

Here is the HTML file containing Unicode characters 0000-FFFF, and a javascript thing to generate them: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1712024/almo ... nicode.zip
"almost all unicode.html" is the file containing those Unicode characters. It might take a short time to load/display, since it is a long file, and will make your browser load whatever fonts those characters are in.
"THIS WILL TAKE A LONG TIME TO LOAD - generate almost all unicode.html" I included just because. Once you open it, it'll simply spit out the same output that other file has, but automatically done through Javascript. :p It almost surely take a minute or two or more to finish doing its thing, making one's browser appear frozen until it's done (at least with Firefox). It's pointless unless you want to see how I did it in JS, since the other html file is the ultimate output stuffed in between HTML tags.

Feel free to pass those around, use them for anything really.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Work-in-progress addons