SpriteFont (v0.99.5RC) - new update, small bugfixes

Post and try out addons that are currently in development.

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:38 pm

An inelegant solution for now would be for me to map less used symbols with the needed eoropean characters, but as I was hoping to allow anyone to ake translated versions of the dialogue files for my game ( to translate my games dialogue into their language) then this will make things difficult to them... I guess they'll have to type it as usual, then use find and replace all to replace all of the accented characters with whatever symbol I'll be using for that character in my sprite frames...

Not ideal, but it can work. Still.. the plugin is great. Thanks Lucid for al the coolness you continue to contribute to the construct community!! :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:15 am

For some reason word wrap is doing nothing in my .cap, but it works fine in yours. I tried making many different spritefont objects with word wrap but none of them seem to work. Maybe its because I have too many spritefonts already in the game?

doesn't matter too much though, I'll just work around the bug by manually placing "+newline+" in the text.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:19 pm

ok guys, i know its been a while.
the majority of the problems seem to arise when there are several spritefont objects.

the bugs are fairly random.
with very different symptoms
anyone who would like to help me track down the source of these problems
if you havent already pm'ed me a cap
please post one here, or pm me with one
screenshots of your caps that show where and how the spritefont is used
or if you can strip off the unrelated parts of your cap and either post the cap, or at what point in stripping it down does the glitch cease to happen

i have a feeling most of these seemingly unrelated symptoms have the same source. ill be working on this a little each day until i figure it out
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:55 pm

how come the greenfilter won't be applied if there is also any action from the spritefont?

(for example, it won't be green at the start, but 1 second later when there are no actions present from the spritefont it will work)

B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:02 pm

its because the sprites arent there until the "show text" action
try moving the filter action after the "show text" action in the same event

also, i know this wasnt your question, but if you had multiple sprite fonts with the same sprite type, you could filter just one of the sprite fonts by calling the "for each letter" condition
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:05 pm

thanks for that.

I can't seem to figure out why word wrap isn't working for me. I've tried isolating the spritefonts and reproducing stuff but I can't seem to replicate the problem.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:27 am

I tried deleting all the spritefonts and associated code from my game, then made a new spritefont to try and get it to wrap. But it's still not working?

Mabye its a problem with the way I'm doing it?

Or perhaps it could be a problem with sprite I'm choosing, it has 92 frames and for the range I'm doing is everything from 'Space - z' .

EDIT: Figured it out!!! For some reason it was to do with the range I was choosing, I narrowed down the range to "a-z" and started at frame 66, and wordwrap started working! So maybe I'll just choose narrower range of characters that I'll actually use. :D

EDIT 2: Okay, I figured out you can actually choose any range, but you can't choose the first one "space". So every other character can be included in range. So I can choose !-Z instead of space-z and it will work greatly! It's just 'space' that is the problem character that you can't include in range.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:55 am

I think I know why this is happening
it'll be fixed in the next build
it'll be a little while though, because there are some other more difficult to find bugs I'd like to iron out before releasing another version of this

thanks for finding this

edit: progress so far:
first off, Arima, I only recently realized I never uploaded the new version I promised that's been ready since shortly after you requested being able to set the length, and width of a spritefont object through actions, so I apologize, it's been ready since shortly after your request months ago, I just never uploaded. Also, the cap you sent me with the glitches of sprites not appearing, and a crash bug displays correctly now and doesn't crash. either you updated the upload site, or one of the changes to construct, or one of the changes I've made to spritefont fixed it. AshyRaccoon, thank you for the caps displaying the crashes on exit. I found the source of the problem and it is fixed in the next build.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:54 am

[quote="lucid":9i6ky8gb]its because the sprites arent there until the "show text" action
try moving the filter action after the "show text" action in the same event[/quote:9i6ky8gb]
that doesn't work either, I don't think they can be in the same event. But that's okay.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:19 am

[quote="alspal":kn27zmei][quote="lucid":kn27zmei]its because the sprites arent there until the "show text" action
try moving the filter action after the "show text" action in the same event[/quote:kn27zmei]
that doesn't work either, I don't think they can be in the same event. But that's okay.[/quote:kn27zmei]

hmmm...adding a "for each letter" sub-event works
for whatever reason, the newly added letters are not in the picking list
I'll have a look into automatically adding them to the picking after a show text

should it add them in addition to all the other letter sprites ?(if no other letter sprites have been
picked by conditions or actions, ALL of them will be picked)
or should I make it so after a Show Text, only the sprites just created are picked?
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Work-in-progress addons