SpriteFont (v0.99.5RC) - new update, small bugfixes

Post and try out addons that are currently in development.

Post » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:33 pm

The array problem isn't a problem in earlier versions, though. And I was contemplating it when things I did before in SpriteFont, like easily making multiple speech bubbles uisng multiples of the same SpriteFont, stopped working or even started to crash the game... :D

I don't have a CAP right now, and I'd have to make a unique one recreating the problems, which usually doesn't happen then, and I don't want to send the whole game I have, really.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:43 pm

understandable
and do you mean earlier versions of spritefont, or earlier versions of construct?
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:59 pm

Well, it could be both.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:28 am

Is it possible to set the Z of the spritefont? It doesn't seem to get the Z from the sprite. Or is this not really possible?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:26 pm

not possible to get or set z-elevation through another plugin. however, you do have z-order options, and you can set eh z-elevation easily with a "for each letter" loop
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:02 pm

[quote="lucid":7r1e2sqm]not possible to get or set z-elevation through another plugin. however, you do have z-order options, and you can set eh z-elevation easily with a "for each letter" loop[/quote:7r1e2sqm]
Actually, you can:

object->info.pInfo->z_elevation
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:07 pm

cool, thanks link, i didnt know about pinfo.ill have to have a look into that, especially for the new plugin
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:48 pm

I still haven't installed the latest SpriteFont version, so this might be changed at this point.

But basically, I wish the SpriteFont's source sprite for letters' current state was always how the letters would turn out. Right now it seems that the letters change according to the state of the source sprite upon layout start initially, and I need a series of For Each Letter events to change it every time I change the text.

So, basically, I can't set the tint or size of the source sprite, then set the SpriteFont to "show text 'asasd'" and get it to look like the source sprite. I need the For Each Letter afterwards, making all the changes.

One instance this is extra clear for me is my source sprite changes animation direction, but if I have a Show Text event that repeats (like for instance if I make the progressive text on my own) it will freeze on the first animation angle until the Show Text event stops executing.

Maybe I'm just using it the wrong way, and I remember Write Text not being very fast.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

I think I know what you're saying
but that's not so much an issue with the plugin as it is with the way construct works in general
if I'm understanding you correctly
you can't affect the state of an object before it's creation in any case
for instance
if there are no sprites on screen
you can't say, set sprite tint to red
system: spawn sprite
the sprite won't be red, because the tint action doesn't apply to the type
just to the instances already present
if you wanted to change the tint of everything without a for each
you could just call the action after the sprites were created
but it would apply to all the letter sprites regardless of which spritefont created it
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:01 pm

Ah, yes, that issue... I understand.

Sucks, but there's nothing you can do. :)

You're not planning self-contained (and maybe interchangeable) letter graphic sheets, are you?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Work-in-progress addons