Hate to point out even more stuff, but I found some issues...
When executing a "destroy"-command the object doesn't actually destroy until I create a new one of the same object. Left click is to create a text, right click to destroy. May be notable that the original SpriteFont has "Destroy on Start" ticked.
Making this example I also noticed that if I create multiple SpriteFonts out of the same one and the old ones aren't told to somehow always "show text" (as in if they are only told upon creation to show text) the old one will have its text disappear.
Still a kickin' plugin though, I just still can't destroy them right!