Spriter object creation issue

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • NOTE

This is most probably Spriter's plugin bug, not C2 itself, yet I thought the bug section fit's the best to report that. lucid could you please try it first yourself before we bother Scirra to take a look on this one?

Problem Description

Once the SCML instance gets destroyed, it is not possible to create new instance of this object.

Attach a Capx

Download test capx here

Description of Capx

Capx has 2 event's. It destroys the SCML instance on start of layout. Then with every mouse click it should create the SCML object, but it does not. If you disable the first event (destroying on start), it works.

BTW: it's not related to "On start of layout" but purely to destroying the instance.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Run the project
    • Click LMB on the canvas (nothing will appear)
    • Remove/disable event no 1
    • Run the project
    • Click LMB on the canvas (instance will appear)

Observed Result

New instance does not create once any of this object was destroyed earlier.

Expected Result

Should be able to destroy and create instances any time.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Win 10

Construct 2 Version ID

r244

Additional note

This issue wasn't there with earlier version (plugin release 7/9/2016) of Spriter's C2 plugin. It started after I updated the plugin to the newest one.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Update

After some investigation I realize that the object needs to finish the initialization process first and then it can be destroyed safely.

As it's understandable, I would still encourage to update the plugin so if the object gets destroyed before the initialization was successfully finished, it should force the next created instance to retrigger the initialization process from scratch. Basically one boolean variable should do the trick.

Cheers

• Thanks very much for reporting this. Edgar will look into it the next time he gets a chance to update the plug-in.

cheers.

• Really Can't understand this situation but im having the same problem. When I use the scml object, and went to properties and i type in player.scon to the SCML file in the properties tab. I also loaded in the textures in scon. When I run the layout, nothing appears. I need some here?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)