Spriter/C2 4/5 bug fix

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:48 pm

chadorireborn wrote:Hey Guys. I just saw Spriter Pro available in Steam:

For those who can't afford it, you can buy it here for a $1.00:

https://www.humblebundle.com/game-devel ... ero_image0

This is pretty cool but it's a shame it's Steam only, I've had serious issues in the past with using software through Steam (namely Construct 2 itself with the weird opt-in/opt-out of beta policy). Price is a steal though so I bought a bundle anyway.
B
S

Post » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:30 am

Hi, thanks for the recent updates.
I have a problem with my SCML object disappearing as soon as it gets outside of layout (during a layout zoom-in). To be more clear, it's the small scml box object which gets out of layout bounds, but my whole (much bigger) object which disappears, so it is very visible.
Is there any solution to this?

Thanks a lot! :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:01 pm

Rable wrote:Hi, thanks for the recent updates.
I have a problem with my SCML object disappearing as soon as it gets outside of layout (during a layout zoom-in). To be more clear, it's the small scml box object which gets out of layout bounds, but my whole (much bigger) object which disappears, so it is very visible.
Is there any solution to this?

Thanks a lot! :)

Have you set the animation bounding box for your animations in Spriter? (We only recently added this to our tutorial)

Saving it after doing this will give the plugin the bounding box information it needs.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:22 am

Hi @lucid ,

I have a little question/request.
I like Spriter, and it is a good alternative to frame-by-frame sequences, especially for big/long animations and in a download-weight-size aspect.
But I noticed that .scml and .scon files tend to become big, sometimes more than a 1mb in size even for small animations (My record is 7mb in weight)
Also I noticed that those files are text based, and easily compressed by zip.
For example, 1mb .scml file compressed by 7z to 23kb(!!!) in size.
Windows zip compress to 45kb...
RAR should be somewhere in between...

So, is it possible to make those files smaller to download?
Please include in the Spriter option to export and read compressed text files, there are many compression+uncompress algorithms out there to use, even for JavaScript.
I know that those files will become unredable, but it is a good option for export, additionaly in some aspects a more secure one (like minified/uglified script, but unlike minifier, it could be a total gibberish if comressed).

Thank you.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:01 pm

Probably not in the short term @YuraG, but I will keep it in mind for a future update.

new plugin version:
2/4/2017
  • Added action to 'find spriter object' from it's corresponding c2 object, and an expression to retrieve the 'foundObject's name. (useful for testing conditions on collision boxes and sprites, and then retrieving a Spriter variable for that object)
  • Fixed a bug that would cause an error when using action points
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented objects (sprites, boxes, etc) from updating
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:58 pm

hey,
i believe i found a bug.
if you have a scml object used with 1 sprite sheet, c2 will only draw the scml object if the hotspot is within the layout.
this cause the scml to suddenly jump in the screen, if it is moving into the layout from the outside of the layout.

*you can simulate this by placing a scml that uses 1 sprite sheet with the 8-direction behavior
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:24 pm

hello @sagispin.

Have you set the animation bounding box for your animations in Spriter? (We only recently added this to our tutorial)

Saving it after doing this will give the plugin the bounding box information it needs.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:30 am

@lucid
thanks, that solved it (you just wrote the same thing to Rable *facepalm*)
i see amazing performance boost in mobile devices, after moving to 1 sprite sheet.
my game went from 650 objects down to 420!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:16 pm

@lucid I doubled the sizes of my sprites that spriter loads for my character inside the spriter editor. Is there a way to scale the project and bones so it fits the new sizes of the sprites? (Meaning scaling the bones and not the sprites connected to them)

Or do I have to scale every bone and place the sprites correctly for each animation manually?
Last edited by Anonnymitet on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:47 pm

Anonnymitet wrote:@lucid I doubled the sizes of my sprites that spriter loads for my character inside the spriter editor. Is there a way to scale the project and bones so it fits the new sizes of the sprites? Or do I have to scale every bone and place the sprites correctly for each animation manually?

Timely question! I have the opposite challenge - to reduce the size of the sprites and bones... fingers crossed for a simple solution!!
I only occasionally visit - I'm learning C# for Unity, but c2 is still a respectable game engine imo....
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General