Spriter/C2 4/5 bug fix

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon May 01, 2017 5:47 am

Getting an error when playing sounds related to Spriter, curious if anyone else has got this error and if so, how they fixed it/if they know anything, before I spend too much time trying to debug it myself.

When I disable this code:

The error no longer pops up. Given the error message, it seems to have to do something with an invalid input type, but I can't really make enough sense of it to get an actual sense of where I should be looking for potential errors.

(Not looking for an actual solution, just advice if anyone has it)
B
S

Post » Wed May 03, 2017 8:08 pm

@BBaller1337 - if you don't mind making a minimal example file that has just the triggered sound failing for your scml file I can take a look. ([email protected])

@winsonzhong - Make sure your project has a subfolder named '_guideImages'. Then, In Spriter Pro, click this icon, and the rest is pretty self-explanatory. There's another similar icon at the top of the screen to toggle the guide image on and off: Image
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 03, 2017 9:53 pm

I noticed that C2's save and load function doesn't store Spriter object scale or animation speed.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 11, 2017 12:28 pm

Hi,

This plugin is not working on native iOS (Intel XDK Build/Cordova). Works on Preview Browser and native Android.

When debugging on iOS -> on Network Tab - > scon file is on "Pending" status. So it does not render the sprites.

I found same issue on Spriter Forum but it is not solved yet.

Environment:
Construct 2 : r239
Intel XDK: b3759
Spriter Plugin: 4/5/2017
iOS: 10.3

Best Regards.
B

Post » Mon May 15, 2017 8:08 am

lucid wrote:
mattcusprime wrote:Any thoughts on a port for Construct 3 of the plugin?

Thanks,
Definitely going to happen. I believe for now the C3 plugin sdk only supports global plugins.

Awesome! C3 definitely needs the Spriter plug-in. ;)
Looking forward to it!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:48 pm

I can't wait for Construct 3 working with Spriter :D

Maybe do you have an estimate date of arrival ? ^^
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi @lucid could you please take a look here viewtopic.php?f=151&t=193340 ?

Thanks
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:12 pm

Hi @lucid, I'm facing an issue with the Spriter 11 editor. When I select multiple sprites at once and drag them around the canvas (with the mouse) they move at different angles and speeds instead of all together. When moving with the keyboard it works OK.

This issue doesn't occur in Spriter 10 and below. Not sure what is causing it. Is there an option or shortcut to disable this? Don't see this mentioned anywhere in the online help.
B
S

Post » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:37 am

RegPhoenix wrote:Hi @lucid, I'm facing an issue with the Spriter 11 editor. When I select multiple sprites at once and drag them around the canvas (with the mouse) they move at different angles and speeds instead of all together. When moving with the keyboard it works OK.

This issue doesn't occur in Spriter 10 and below. Not sure what is causing it. Is there an option or shortcut to disable this? Don't see this mentioned anywhere in the online help.

Thanks for reporting this. Edgar's tied up in many pressing matters at the moment but he'll make sure its fixed in an update build as soon as he can. If you need to select and move many things at once in the meantime we recommend you roll back to Spriter 10 for now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:48 am

nemo wrote:I noticed that C2's save and load function doesn't store Spriter object scale or animation speed.

Hi Nemo,
Sorry for the inconvenience. Edgar is tied up in many pressing matters so it could be a while before he's able to get that working. For now you'd have to create an event that sets those properties at start and if you need several instances in then you could use the following work-around.

1) Create a standard c2 sprite which is set to invisible. Create an instance of this sprite overlapping each Spriter object instance, and set the invisible sprite's properties how you want the spriter objects they're touching to be set.
The create an event that at the start of the layout loops through each sprite and make it transfer the properties to the spriter object it's touching and destroy the sprite.

I know this is far from ideal, but It's the only way to get around this current situation and I can't promise how soon Edgar will be able to make C2's save actually save these properties.

thanks.
-Mike at BrashMonkey
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General