Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:06 pm

6bruno6 wrote:...
3 - (on spriter) added the pause menu to the animations
4 - (in c2) reimported again without problems, but the menu dont appear

Unless I'm misunderstanding the problem, it's working for me. Here's what I did:

On the Layout - Spriter Container:

Locate the scml object:

Move it into the visible canvas:

Preview the layout:

As long as you have your pause_menu scml object on the layout, or spawn it, it seems to be working. If I misunderstood your question, please let me know.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:24 pm

sorry i was refering to the "menu_general" spriter, i left the other spriters in the capx, my mistake

this is what im talking about:

in spriter, i updated the animations to have a pause item at the bottom.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xf84bp1lsqfmt29/Screenshot%202014-09-23%2019.17.16.png?dl=0

in c2, i updated the "menu_general" spriter object, but dont appear the last item (pause round button), also dont appear in the folder with the sprites, or in the initilialised event.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2apr6ztm3nm4qfr/Screenshot%202014-09-23%2019.17.07.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjito63vkm30b ... 3.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7s1it6ls348ll ... 3.png?dl=0

in the menu_general.scml in spriter it is the round pause button, its the one i add it later. its like the reimport its not getting it, maybe im doing smething wrong
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:36 pm

The images weren't included with the files you linked earlier, so I can't load them into Spriter, but when I look at the scml and scon files in a text editor, I notice the image for the pause button doesn't have a file extension:

Code: Select all
<folder id="0">
        <file id="0" name="menu-general.png" width="69" height="71" pivot_x="0.5" pivot_y="0.5"/>
        <file id="1" name="menu-home.png" width="69" height="71" pivot_x="0.5" pivot_y="0.5"/>
        <file id="2" name="menu-reload.png" width="69" height="71" pivot_x="0.5" pivot_y="0.5"/>
        <file id="3" name="menu-sound.png" width="69" height="71" pivot_x="0.5" pivot_y="0.5"/>
        <file id="4" name="menu-store.png" width="69" height="71" pivot_x="0.5" pivot_y="0.5"/>
        <file id="5" name="menu-pause" width="69" height="71" pivot_x="0.5" pivot_y="0.5"/>
    </folder>

notice it's 'menu-pause', instead of 'menu-pause.png'

My guess (without having the images to test) is that C2 probably doesn't recognize that as an image file so the import is failing. Please try this. Back up your original files scml and scon fiels, and then replace them with these (I just added the .png file extension on that file entry for both of them).
Rename the file 'menu-pause' to 'menu-pause.png' and try to reimport into C2.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:42 pm

awesome! tx a lot, and sorry for the confusion, it worked fine!

cheers!
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:43 pm

no problem. Glad you got it working!
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:27 am

@lucid - will a new scml plugin be introduced soon with increased and full functionality? To make my game as good as it can be and to give spriter objects the same power as regular sprites in C2, the new plugin will need to allow the spriter object to be used to affect an entire, individual instance. With earlier versions of spriter and the scml plugin, I was able to change the opacity of individual sprites but I can't anymore. Also, my mutant zombie animation is still broken in C2 though it works normally in spriter. Just keeping you updated. :)
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:05 am

@lucid - Hi, may i ask if its possible to drag and drop an entity that has the Repeat Playback option on? Im having problems with drag and drop behavior, also in other entities(without the repeat playback), the drag and drop behavior doesnt work right (in some parts of the images sprites i cant Drag, just like in the middle of the object.

I have put the dragnDrop behaivor in the spriter objects, in the family, etc.

and i found it works almost well when i have big objects.

cheers!
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:39 am

@psi - We're closing up the prerelease for the next version of Spriter as we speak. After fixing a couple more bugs we will do a limited release of the program so the community can help us test this new version. After fixing any bugs the community finds, we will package the full release for all 3 platforms. The next order of business is catching up the plugin. The opacity function should still work, so that's another bug that will be fixed. I thank you all again for your patience. This next version of the plugin will be a large upgrade, adding custom event, animated variables and tag states, and subentities as well as bug fixes.

@6bruno6 There will be better options to work directly with the scml object itself, but if you need to manipulate it as one object with a behavior like that, it's best to make a dummy sprite and pin the scml object onto the dummy sprite. This way you have absolute control over the size of the sprite and the offset:

So, create a sprite that's just a square and add it to the group, and at start of layout, or when you create a new scml object, pin the scml object to it. Then you can just add drag and drop, or any other behavior to the sprite, and have the entire entity behave as you expect it to. In a future version of the plugin you will be able to control the exact size of the main bounding box from within Spriter, and C2 will use this information for the scml object's bounding box.

Also, just a heads up to everyone, you can now download the essentials versions of the art packs from the Scirra Store after purchasing Spriter Pro. You will find them as 'alternate versions' available for download in the same place you can download the Mac and Linux versions:

For those not already familiar, when you purchase Spriter Pro, you get a subset of each art pack as free downloads. The “Essentials” editions don’t have as much content as the full commercial versions, but offer a fantastic starting point for creating the animations you might require for your game projects.
Last edited by lucid on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:50 pm

I'm thrilled to start using it ;)

Just purchased. Couldn't help test the bone system! :mrgreen:
B

Post » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:57 pm

@lucid - tx for the advice! Keep up the hard work, awesome tool spriter!!!! Cheers!
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General