Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:17 am

@jayderyu, are you saying this is happening in the new version of Spriter? or in the scml plugin?

In Spriter, default pivots and such should be working pretty much as you'd expect, as we fixed several bugs, but if there's something else going on there, let me know, and I'll fix it for the full release. If you mean the scml plugin, I'm not sure what you mean exactly. The plugin imports now with the pivot point/hotspot at 0,0. The reason for this is that Spriter allows you to animated the pivot point, and c2 does not allow for animated pivot points. The plugin just manually compensates for the pivot point as it animates. I'm not sure if any of that answered your question.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:49 am

---------------------------
Construct 2 Check failure
Check failure! This is probably a bug:

Setting texture, but texture file on disk appears to be missing

Condition: FileExists(GetActivePath().c_str())
File: Projects\ObjectTexture.cpp
Line: 444
Function: void __cdecl ObjectTexture::GLEnsureLoaded(struct ObjectTexture::GLTextureInstance *)
Build: release 181 (64-bit) checked
Component: Construct 2 IDE
(Last Win32 error: 2)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.
Abort Retry Ignore

Failed to load texture
Error loading texture 'C:\Users\yaomon17\AppData\Local\Temp\c2-3KM4NM\img1UUMPI95.png': Failed to read image file data (2)
This may indicate a corrupt PNG file in the project directory. The image will not be able to be displayed in the editor.
OK

Getting this when trying to update an existing file with new anims. Help?
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:55 am

@yaomon17, Please send over the relevant zipped scml project folders, and the capx file.
lucid@brashmonkey.com
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:13 am

@lucid
Zipping now. I tested it after the import and everything seems to be fine in terms of the new animations but the actual sprites in the layout look like this:
http://puu.sh/bPE6D/84e1b41607.png
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:23 pm

@lucid - when I use the "current key frame is" condition, it only seems to trigger the action that follows after about half of the time. I'm using b10 and 32-bit C2 v. 180 on Windows 8.1.
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:16 pm

Ok, there is a further problem with the actual e-mail which I'm not sure you can help with. I attempt to send this: http://puu.sh/bQ6EA/456db6b3ec.png and keep getting this message sent back : http://puu.sh/bQ6FE/7d965e6229.png
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:31 pm

@yaomon17, yeah that sounds like it's on your end. I'm receiving other emails fine. Can you put on dropbox maybe?

@PSI, if you have two keys close together and the framerate causes it to skip over one of the keys it won't ever trigger that state, so if you're trying to use that as a triggering, I'd suggest waiting for event feature to get implemented in the plugin. I'll keep a lookout for this when I'm working on the plugin later, though.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:19 am

@yaomon17. I found the issue. In the animation 'Spellsmith_DS', at this time: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/257 ... lslash.PNG

You have an image that was removed from the directory, but is still referenced in the project. If you change this to a different image, or add a file called "SpellSmith_DualAttackSlash0000.png" to the directory it should import fine.

In prior versions Spriter would create an image file that looked like the missing image symbol, but that was causing issues when users edited a file with older software and trying to refresh in Spriter would cause a valid image to get overwritten.
I added a few related things to Spriter's to do list though, because now that it doesn't create the files automatically, it should warn you on exit, list missing file names and ask if you want to generate the missing file pngs.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:12 am

Wow, I would have never found that. Thanks!
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General