Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:33 pm

Hey @lucid I have a project where I need to animate some dancers and musicians any chance there'll be a bone animation repository for gamiing and animations in general we could use?
Freefall Bird
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:29 am

@lucid - tried the "set opacity" action on a spriter object today, worked perfectly. Please make it so effects can be applied in the same way and I will never pester you again! ;)
B
S

Post » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:41 am

@ragevortex, sorry for the late reply. We don't have anything for dancers or musician animation. As far as available animations, there's our art packs, the sample project, a couple of users (most notably tombmonkey) have shared their animations on our forums for other users to learn from.

@everyone
plugin changelog 10/24/14
  • Fixed a bug where z-order changes wouldn't update sprites for paused animations until after the object was moved or animation was resumed.
  • Plugin-side support for Sub-Entities (not yet useable*).
*Sub-Entity support is now in the plugin, but is not yet supported by Construct 2's Spriter importer. Over the next week, I'll put together an explanation of the manual import process. Manually importing a file is usually a bit tedious, but it will work for people eager to give the new feature a try. In the meantime, I will be brainstorming to see if there's a way to minimize any changes/additions needed for C2's importer, and then sending any necessary information to Ashley. I'll keep you updated as everything progresses.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:56 am

when can the plugin support deformation?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:58 am

@winsonzhong ,

I think they 'll add it sometime after the v1.0 release.
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:31 pm

winsonzhong wrote:when can the plugin support deformation?

@elios is correct. We're on track to release Spriter 1.0 mid to late November. After 1.0's release, we'll start shaping deformation into a full feature (the current deformation in Spriter is just a proof of concept), and once it's ready it will be added to the plugin.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:20 am

@lucid I'm glad to read about a set time frame. Christmas will start at late November this year! My wish for Santa is to have some good & practical tutorials giving examples and explaining how to use Spriter's advanced features in C2. Like setting up and triggering collision boxes, variables, action points, audio etc... And workflow practices, like using character maps for crowd npcs, or a setting up a scene that has multiple Spriter objects...
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:31 am

@lucid - I hate to report but the "set opacity" and "set visibility" actions still aren't working for individual sprites from a spriter entity. Thanks, Morgan.
B
S

Post » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:08 pm

hi I need help to create this effect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45na21YFTwg

in the minute 7:00 some one can help me to create this blending effect with the spriter plugin in construct 2
@lucid
Carlo Andrei Mercado
Animator, illustrator, concept artist, special effects for games.
Level Plus Game Studio S.A.S
http://www.levelplusgames.com/
carlo.m@levelplusgames.com
http://f-fman.wix.com/portfolio-ffman22
http://ffman22.deviantart.com/

tutorials:

dynamic-mini-map originally published by ffman22
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:12 am

@ffman22
ffman22 wrote:hi I need help to create this effect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45na21YFTwg

in the minute 7:00 some one can help me to create this blending effect with the spriter plugin in construct 2
@lucid

Just to make sure I cover all the bases for anyone else reading the thread, if you just want to blend to transition from one animation to the next when you set an animation, just use the Set Animation command, and choose a blend for Where to start playing this as well as the amount of time to take for the blend in Blend Duration:

If you want to continuously blend between two animations (not just a transition), and constantly set the blend ratio manually, use the actions under Advanced: Animation Blending :
  • Set second (blended) animation to start a continuous blend. (once)
  • Set animation blend ratio as often as you need
  • Stop blending second (blended) animation when you want to stop

Spriter Dev
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General