Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:24 pm

@KFII I think you ae doing it the hard way. It does say that something is missing because when it updates after just reimporting, the plugin looks for the file specified in the properties, the problem is that we changed the name from scml to scon, so it just fails to find and load the scml file.

So all you need to do is change the name of your file to yourfile.SCML again and it will reimport everything just fine.

As for saving... I haven't tried just saving the scml file in Spriter but, when I make any changes to my animations I save to scml and scon formats.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:06 am

@Roccinio How has he been quite? He has posted 2 updates to the plugin just this week...

That is far from quiet... he has also posted on this thread multiple times in the past week as well.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:21 am

Anyone else have an issue where their spriter objects are completely missing after export? Works fine in preview but export to HTML5 website / nodewebkit and they vanish.
B
S

Post » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:25 am

aha! Just read this thread: http://www.scirra.com/forum/node-webkit-exe-doesnt-work_topic80890.html

The "minify script" option at export causes it. FYI...
B
S

Post » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:58 pm

Just waiting for the collision boxes to be available in the plugin, thanks for all your hard work @lucid

B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:05 pm

After I import Spriter files into C2 and run the layout, I keep getting this error:

Javascript error!
SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character
http://localhost:50000/Spriter_plugin.js, line 281 (col undefined)

This is either a bug in Construct 2 or a problem in a third party plugin or behavior - please report it to the developer!

I see that there are scml and scon file types now. Which one do we place in the layout? I read through a good bit of this thread but still didn't see the answer to this problem. Thank you.
B
S

Post » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:29 pm

Go into the object properties for the spriter object, and where it says "SCML File" change yourfile.scml to yourfile.scon. That should fix it.

If it doesn't work, make sure you're using Spriter B6, and that the spriter file is saved in your project as both scml and scon.
B
S

Post » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:35 pm

@donelwero: thanks, will try that.

@BluePhaze: I think donelwero was just kidding, about Brashmonkey being silent, lol : )

I'm even worrying about Brashmonkey because of these blazingly fast updates, they're doing an awesome work! Can't wait to test the second B6 pre-release (B 5.999992.)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:37 pm

since i am still waiting for an answer from @lucid ,does anyone know if there is a way to use the .scon animation to animate instances of the same enemy? whatever i do all instances animate the same way as the firstly created sprite(i use a "dummy" sprite and pin on top the .scon animation). i would really like to know if i am doing something wrong so i can fix it or maybe it is not supported yet in this version of the plugin. otherwise i will export all animations as pngs and follow the classic way of doing it, but this is something that i feel it makes me go backwards instead of moving forward.
any suggestions welcome.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:08 am

Thanks everyone for your patience if you sent me a capx, and I haven't responded yet. I've been busy with the latest update to Spriter, which is available now on our forums.

It seems the main issue people are having is with the latest update requiring both the .scml and .scon formats in C2. Scml for c2's import process, and .scon for the runtime. Also, please make sure in the scml object's properties, the project file is set to .scon instead of .scml.

Roccinio, if you haven't already sent me a capx, please do at lucid@brashmonkey.com. The short answer though, is that if you can't set each instance's current animation, entity, etc individually, then there's either a problem with your events, or a previously unknown bug in the plugin.

To everyone, you can expect more updates to the plugin over the next few weeks catching up to Spriter's full pro feature-set. Please keep the suggestions/bug reports coming. Also, let us know if there's anything in particular you'd like future tutorials to focus on.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General