Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:45 pm

Thanks for the comparison Lucid. As others have mentioned, will the use of Spriter based animations cause any issues with exporting to various platforms? Windows, Windows Phone, iPhone, Android, etc...? Or using frameworks like CocoonJS or PhoneGap?

This would severely limit it's usefulness for game development... My assumption is that it shouldn't limit the export as the necessary libraries, etc... would be packaged as part of the game files...
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:28 pm

[QUOTE=Pixel perfick] This Spriter looks amazing!.one question,will a game using the plugin,be allowed submission to the Scirra arcade?...Thanks.[/QUOTE]
I haven't discussed the arcade itself with Ashley, but once the plugin is further along and it's fully integrated with C2 and stable, it will be packaged with C2. At that point I'm assuming submission would be allowed.

[QUOTE=BluePhaze] will the use of Spriter based animations cause any issues with exporting to various platforms? Windows, Windows Phone, iPhone, Android, etc...? Or using frameworks like CocoonJS or PhoneGap?[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to research or tinker with C2 as far as CocoonJS or PhoneGap yet, but Spriter plugin is essentially an object that acts as a complex behavior on several other objects. I don't see why it shouldn't be possible to make it work, if the built-in C2 objects work.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:40 am

Thanks for the info Lucid! I bought Spriter Pro, can't wait for it to release. I did want to ask as well though, any chance the early versions of the base artpacks are available for those who have purchased? One of the games I am working on would benefit greatly from the character templates used in the Hyper Siblings demo. They are just about the same dimensions proportionally that my characters are and some of their parts would make great templates for creating our own pieces for the animations.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:35 am

I hope the integrated C2 feature comes before Spriter Pro is released.
I'm going to see if I want to buy it depending on how easy I can use my spriter animations in C2, because I tried the plugin a few days ago, and I really think it's too impractical to use in a game this way!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:46 pm

Any idea when we could get our hands on the updated version, Lucid?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:22 pm

Spriter itself is useful for making animations which can then be ported into .png frames and then imported to C2, which would run on all frameworks either way.

But lucid, I was wondering if there's a way to create an animation and get all 500-1000 frames. I noticed the .png export creates an animation based on your keystrokes (so if I use 40 keystrokes, the png export makes 40 image animations).

Is there a way to add keystrokes without readjusting my image? Or export all 500-1000 images into .png files?

*If you confused about what I said just tell me

[QUOTE=lucid] [QUOTE=Pixel perfick] This Spriter looks amazing!.one question,will a game using the plugin,be allowed submission to the Scirra arcade?...Thanks.[/QUOTE]
I haven't discussed the arcade itself with Ashley, but once the plugin is further along and it's fully integrated with C2 and stable, it will be packaged with C2. At that point I'm assuming submission would be allowed.

[QUOTE=BluePhaze] will the use of Spriter based animations cause any issues with exporting to various platforms? Windows, Windows Phone, iPhone, Android, etc...? Or using frameworks like CocoonJS or PhoneGap?[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to research or tinker with C2 as far as CocoonJS or PhoneGap yet, but Spriter plugin is essentially an object that acts as a complex behavior on several other objects. I don't see why it shouldn't be possible to make it work, if the built-in C2 objects work. [/QUOTE] retrodude2013-01-26 20:24:27
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:59 pm

@Yung - Very soon now. I promise I will post here when it releases. Sorry for the delay, and thanks for your patience everyone.

@Retrodude - You can't do that yet, but you will be able to in a future version. Can't say exactly when yet, but it's on the todo-list.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:05 am

Where do I extract the plugin to?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:02 pm

@Cereal Killa there is a tutorial on using plugins that covers all that.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:35 am

Will this be updated to export with the node-webkit?
Ty for reading.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General