Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:45 am

@istavang thanks, your link is help.
But now I have next trouble. I can't see my character. I see him in editor, but when I run layout I don't see him.
But example "Grey Guy" work well, Maybe I was miss somethink in spriter? I know about custom save options and use all of them.
B
S

Post » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:31 am

@lucid
Thanks man for step by step explanation, for me better than video, will give it a try )
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:39 am

n06rin wrote:@istavang thanks, your link is help.
But now I have next trouble. I can't see my character. I see him in editor, but when I run layout I don't see him.
But example "Grey Guy" work well, Maybe I was miss somethink in spriter? I know about custom save options and use all of them.

Do you have both an scml and a scon file?
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm

n06rin wrote:@istavang thanks, your link is help.

link up ur capx , il fix

its important to

1 Change your settings in "Spriter" under files : other file actions : "custum save options" and check them all On,

2 Then save and make 2 files ,1 in player.scml and then again 1save as player.scon , u may need to type the .ext ".scon" manualy on some rigs

3 Then u go to files in that folder , then u drag the "player.scml" file over to ur layout and save the eventsheet

4 Then u highlight ur scml eg. player.scml file (and may move the this object z order to top its in the sprite bundel) but u can allso leave it there,
so go to bottom left in editor properties for ur "player.scml " file and change the name ext from player.scml to player.scon and save ur game

then run your gear
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:21 pm

as @istavang said, the steps are:
  • Set the save options in Spriter (You only have to do this once. The settings will be saved for future projects)
  • Save both an scml and a scon file
  • Drag either file into the layout in C2
  • Preview the layout

Also, just a heads up @istavang, you no longer need to change the extension to *.scon, the plugin will do this automatically now at runtime
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:54 pm

lucid wrote:as @istavang said, the steps are:
  • Set the save options in Spriter (You only have to do this once. The settings will be saved for future projects)
  • Preview the layout

Also, just a heads up @istavang, you no longer need to change the extension to *.scon, the plugin will do this automatically now at runtime

oh ok thanks for info :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:31 pm

lucid wrote:as @istavang said, the steps are:
  • Preview the layout

using spriter to make complete animations i verry time consuming ,using demo as startpoint is fine and doing custum adjustments for speciall needs its ok .. so shipping demo animations as greyman and embeded packages as being done when bought its genialt to save time we do not have 2 much of, capx useing demos is allso good for more sales and more users and use's , 3d coins is awsome , more 3D (2.5D) examles is may a demand soon no as we enter in to the new 3d plugin ,
sprites poseing ,animating in 8 direction could be cool
and making and selling smaller animation snippets for eg 15 usd may be worth the prize to save time :idea: a tip
edit:
could u share the preview basic animpack capx for those who have bought Spriter , or set it for sale to us who has bought the spriter pro ? would be a big help and timesave for me
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:15 am

After the update the animation speed became extremely slow. How to explain it? Is it my fail with implementation or it is connected with new spriter importer and I should rewrite what was written before?
[quote="lucid"]as @istavang said, the steps are:
  • in Spriter (You only have to do this once. The settings will be saved for future projects)
  • Preview the layout

Also if I set the 3rd save option(make object names in obj_info) my animated character falls through the solid object (I set it's the position to the platform behaviour sprite) and most of functions which I has designed is not working (for example on landed and overlapping enemy head (Mario jump)) with 3rd save option doesn't work. p.s:th project is big, it is impossible to send capx. I don't know what was done with c2 or the plugin but now I can't understand why my animation is randomly working

But the main problem is that before update with a new Spriter features, I have very smooth fight system, and after I updated, there are animations which speed wasn't change and animations which speed is changed a lot(become slower). Who have suggestions what it can be?
plugin release 6/6/2014
construct r171
windows 7 64bit
spriter b8_1
pps: I used Ronei Alves method of implementation if it can be useful
B
S

Post » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:07 pm

Would it be possible to send a zip of your Spriter project (scml and images and folders) to me to test (lucid@brashmonkey.com). You're saying the previous version of the plugin worked fine, and now the animations changed speed?

Also, when reimporting you will have gotten new On Initialized events, so if you had actions in there, you'd need to move them to the new event. And the first time you use the 3rd save option, your sprites will be recreated, so if you had conditions and actions on the individual body parts (not the scml object itself), those would need to be remade.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:01 pm

My project is extremely big and events sometimes messy that's why it is really doesn't make sense to send capx.

But I find the cause of bug or what it can be I don't know and attach a scheme.
For example if sprite with platform behaviour is overlapping scml, it works correct (as it worked before), but if I set position of my hero (scml) to the sprite with platform behaviour (or pin, it doesn't matter) the enemy animation became very slow. There is no more events concerned with this.

Before update I had a working fight system. And now it works, but without scml near the enemy.scml. May be somebody else has this isue?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General