Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:48 pm

I will look into it @PSI. I apologize to anyone waiting for me to get back to them about a capx. We're closing up the current build of Spriter, so most of my time is one that until the build comes out sometime in the next week. Thanks for your patience.

@Bass_X - you mean within Spriter Pro, the import another Spriter project into a Spriter project? or you mean a C2 project using Spriter, and it didn't import the character maps into C2?
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:19 pm

@lucid
Within Spriter
B
S

Post » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:34 am

@lucid - I'm also trying to figure out if something is wrong with the way spriter objects interact with the pin behavior in C2. It seems so. I am going to search further back in this thread and see if I can find anything. Thanks.
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:11 am

Please Help me! I created an animation sprite in Spriter, But why when I import my object in construct 2: All file folders is empty! Images don't appears in folders in C2! Why it wan't to import? What am I doing wrong? :|
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:54 pm

@Anirender - I'm not sure if you've already done this but in your project create a spriter layout that you drag your spriter objects into and a corresponding spriter event sheet. This way it will be easy to stay organized.
B
S

Post » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:22 am

Hey, guys! I'm also experiencing the sprites to appear in the preview as invisible after i import the scml, i select all of the sprites and switch them to visible and they appear ingame but the animation does not play. I have tested this with fresh new animations and have no clue of what is going wrong. It's my first time using the spriter plugin, i do have the settings checked in Spriter. One of the parts also imports out of place.

what's the difference between scml, scon, and legacy?

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Awesome work with the program, guys, i really dig it! Just hope to fix this soon to enjoy the marvelous features.
B
S

Post » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:49 am

Hi everyone. @kraed and @Anirender, sorry you're having trouble. Please make sure you're saving both the scml and the scon files. C2 uses the scml file to import, and the runtime uses the scon file to load the animation. We will eventually eliminate the need for 2 files.

Here's a detailed guide that should help you get started if you're still having trouble. Please let me know if that fixes your issues.

I will be getting back into the plugin in the next week. I haven't had much time to look into bugs or adding features as we were closing up Spriter B9. We have a few Mac issues to sort out with the new version, and then I will look into everyone's issues and adding more cool new features or enhancements for the plugin. Thanks for your patience.

On a side note, Spriter saves animated gifs now. :)
It's a fun way to share your character animations during development.

Here's our update announcement for Spriter B9.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:36 am

So cool!
B
S

Post » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:44 am

@Lucid I recently bought Spriter Pro and I love it, but I was wondering if it can warp sprites.

Similar to this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY5rJBdj0P0

Notice how the enemy sprites warp as the move along the path.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:05 pm

So far, so good! Only needed to add the scon and it solved the issues, it does through a warning/bug report when importing the scon but works anyways.

Will be buying Spriter as soon as possible!
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General