Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:12 pm

@ThunderLion, not yet. We've had a proof-of-concept version of the feature in experimental form available for some time. This shouldn't be used in production yet, and is no indication of the final ui. It is still a while off, but the plan is to develop that into a full-feature some time after 1.0, and also eventually add it to the scml plugin for webGL mode in C2. There's no feasible way I know of to do it in HTML5 and run at a usable framerate.

@kraed, thanks. Glad you got it working.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:33 am

I had problem with spriter animations being invisible online (but it worked offline). So if I copied the “on initialized” events to all Event Sheets that referes to the spriter file then the animation shows up online.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:35 am

@Lucid
Hello, сan you fix a glitch when complex sprites overlaping each other? I don't know how to fix it by events. In my game one man assist the main hero and help him to reach the platform. The issue is: when there are 2 animations in a certain period of time of 2 different scon, and they are overlaping each other it is always a glitch (sprites sticking) (guys on the screen are both solid)
Last edited by Bass_X on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:44 pm

Hello again everyone. I know I'm a bit behind on getting back to some of you, but I'm all caught up Spriter side now, and going to be taking a look through everyone's capx's and issues. If you sent me something to look at any time in the past week or two, and I haven't gotten back to you by Wednesday, please give me a nudge here or at lucid@brashmonkey.com in case I missed you.

Also, very exciting Spriter update upcoming. This particular feature won't make it to C2 immediately, as I will be focused on bugs, and closing up Spriter 1.0, and I'm sure the Scirra folks are extremely busy launching the Scirra store, but I fully intend to have the C2 plugin fully support this feature (with runtime actions to control it) in the future, so it's something to salivate over in the meantime:

@Bass_X, I can't tell from the screenshots, is the problem that the zorder isn't working as expected, or that collision detection isn't working as expected?
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:54 pm

It honestly blows my mind that Spriter is $25... In my country that's less than a pizza.

... I have no idea why I just measured the value of something in pizza.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:37 pm

Anybody else getting this error after carefully following the instructions?
SpriterError.png

The only difference between my install & the instructions on Spriter's forum (linked above) is that I have a portable install of C2, so I installed Spriter to that plugin folder instead of to my C drive.

Has anybody got it working successfully on a portable install?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Phase 1: Collect Underpants.
Phase 2: ????
Phase 3: Profit!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:40 pm

would it be possible to make sprite's head and arms follow mouse cursor without having to animate every angle separately?
B

Post » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:57 am

miketv wrote:Anybody else getting this error after carefully following the instructions?
SpriterError.png

The only difference between my install & the instructions on Spriter's forum (linked above) is that I have a portable install of C2, so I installed Spriter to that plugin folder instead of to my C drive.

Has anybody got it working successfully on a portable install?

Hi miketv. Sorry to get back to you so late. I'm going to talk to Ashley because this is an importer (c2-side) problem. I'll let you know what he says. Also this works for me if I do a portable install to different folders on my hard drive, but all of my portable devices use MTP so I can't test on a different device. Can you tell me what type of device or setup you're trying to use, and I'll pass that information on to Ashley as well.

Evantaur wrote:would it be possible to make sprite's head and arms follow mouse cursor without having to animate every angle separately?

That will be much easier when I implement subentities in the plugin.

Also, heads up everyone Spriter B10 is released, and has the full feature set for Spriter 1.0.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:13 am

@lucid - I'm still having a strange displacement on one of my character's animations. This displacement doesn't show up when I look at the animation in spriter b10. I also have the latest scml plugin. Here's what it looks like:

Also, I am still unable to change the opacity of the family of sprites. It seems it might be easier to be able to apply effects directly to the scml object to make it affect the sprites--is that possible? When dealing with multiple instances of the same character onscreen, if I apply an effect to the family of sprites, it affects ALL instances onscreen and not just the one I would like to change. Thanks, Morgan.
Last edited by PSI on Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:18 am

lucid wrote:Hi miketv. Sorry to get back to you so late. I'm going to talk to Ashley because this is an importer (c2-side) problem. I'll let you know what he says. Also this works for me if I do a portable install to different folders on my hard drive, but all of my portable devices use MTP so I can't test on a different device. Can you tell me what type of device or setup you're trying to use, and I'll pass that information on to Ashley as well.

I'm not sure if it's MTP or....? But I kept repeating the process & restarting the computer until something happened & it finally worked. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
Phase 1: Collect Underpants.
Phase 2: ????
Phase 3: Profit!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General