Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:11 pm

ThunderLion wrote:@Lucid I recently bought Spriter Pro and I love it, but I was wondering if it can warp sprites.

Similar to this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY5rJBdj0P0

Notice how the enemy sprites warp as the move along the path.

I know this is a somewhat old post and my answer irrelevant to Spriter's updates/fixes, but @ThunderLion , you can achieve similar results like in the video you posted, just by using the warp WebGL effect.

See the attached example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:54 pm

@lucid
I'm still have problems with pivot points and character maps (while importing the project into the current).
The first problem is that while I choose an object in the files palete the window with pivot point settings appears white or appears with another object I have not clicked.
The second, is when I import project into another within Spriter there is no transmission for char maps.
I have not got the possibility to send scml because graphics is not mine and I can't get approval from the other guy but I think it is an obvious bug, I tested it on different computers and it was everywhere. May be the problem with pivot point is a problem about specific Russian encoding? I tried different manipulations and have not find the solution for a lot of time.
I have tested on the last Spriter beta version
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:27 am

@lucid - It seems that I'm not able to change the opacity or visibility of any spriter sprites in C2. Not sure how many other operations won't work. Thanks.
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:19 pm

Hi @lucid,

I have a quick plugin question / request for you.

I'm trying to manage my player object / spriter animation between layouts. Inside Layout 1 a non-global spriter object is created and this is destroyed at the end of the layout (by C2, not by my events). When the spriter object is then created at the start of Layout 2, the same On Initialised trigger (shared event sheet with Layout 1) is not firing. My work-around presently is to set a timer and keep my fingers crossed that the time delay will be adequate.... Would it be possible to have an Is Initialised status check event so that this can be checked on each layout with a trigger once? Or is this a bug? I expected that the creation of a new instance would trigger the On Initialised event.... Thanks!!
...busy learning Unity - real lights etc!
(but c2 is easily the quickest way to make 2d html5 games)!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:29 am

Hi @lucid
Do you know where can i get Animations references images like ( run , pull box , swim ... etc ).
Because it's to hard to make a good animations without guides.

Thank's
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:05 pm

@A0Nasser , I came across this site some time go: http://www.referencereference.com/index.html
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:42 pm

@eli0s
Thank's alot for the site, After watching some videos i think i will make a quick diet :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:15 pm

Works with vector art style? (First time with this type of tool :()
Crazy Mushroom Studios
Site:http://www.crazymushroomstudios.com

Flufys Escape (Alpha Test)
http://crazymushroomstudios.com/
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:39 pm

@Kappyh
Not at this time. Spriter tool which is not C2 does not support Vector. However I hear that may be coming someday. C2 also doesn't support Vector at this time. but who knows that one will probably come some day too. but right now no. I'm looking forward to vectors. Though I suspect C2 will only see it when browsers have fast vector rendering on canvas.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:55 pm

Kappyh wrote:Works with vector art style? (First time with this type of tool :()

Hi Kappyh, as jayderyu said you can't directly draw anything in vector graphics, but as Spriter just uses images and assembles them in real time you could use your favorite vector drawing tool to make the character parts, export them to images, and then use those images to reassemble and animate the character in Spriter. Also, we plan to support deformation of images in the future which will allow vector like functionality on images.

@everyone else. Thanks for your patience again everyone. Sorry for the lack of updates, but things are going on behind the scenes on several fronts. No ETA just yet, but there is a new version of Spriter and a new version of the scml plugin coming on the way. The latter will address reported bugs and new pro features in Spriter.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General