Spriter/C2 update 11/2 bug fix for performance mode

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:04 pm

@lucid - just a question, so i know it for the future: The collision boxes works fine into c2? or i made the dummy sprite object trick?

cheers!
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:20 pm

Hi! Can`t understand why "resume animation" do not resume it. Here is simple example in attach.
I just want to stop playing animation, and after some condition - resume it, but nothing works :( I`m using b178.
Thanks for reply!
P.S.: And where can I find manual about Spriter actions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:44 pm

@6bruno6, the collision boxes created in Spriter load correctly and can be used to detect collisions, but since the scml plugin will be moving them around and animating them, you usually won't want to put a behavior on them. So it's best to create a sprite called 'playerbox' or something like that. And then use the pin behavior to attach the scml object to it.

@MikeMS, That is a bug. It must have been introduced recently. Also, your condition says >=600ms, so if the bug wasn't present, it would try to play it pass this condition and pause itself again, so it would need a system condition Trigger Once While True under that condition. However, even if you fix this, it won't work because of the bug.

I'll be announcing a pre-release of the upcoming Spriter build tonight, and then I'll do an update to the c2 plugin for release over the weekend to fix the bugs that have been reported. After I complete the full release of the upcoming Spriter build, I'll add the remaining features to the plugin. Thanks again for you patience everyone. I'll post back here with the details of the pre-release later tonight as well.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:27 am

The Spriter B11 Pre-Release is available for testing! See the full update post here.

In addition to a number of bug fixes, optimizations, and enhancements, the new version introduces Constraint Relaxation overcoming the previous limit of 2 bones for an IK chain. This feature is available in both the Pro version and the Essentials(free) version. Spriter also now visualizes the waveforms for sounds in the timeline window.

Cosine Triangulation (2-bone) IK

Constraint Relaxation (new method) IK

Sound Waveform Visualization
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:32 am

* Fixed a bug where Character Maps weren't using the correct pivot points for mapped sprites

I dont' know what I'm doing wrong, when I change the origin pivot point by the Files/Pallet the sprite still doesn't adjust tot he new pivot/origin. Also this isn't just with maps, this also applies to the root entity images.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:43 am

@jayderyu. Changing the pivot point in the file palette locks the positions of the sprites, and offsets their positions so you can change the pivot point, without having your character get shifted around. If it's needed, I can add a feature to disable the position compensation and allow the sprites to shift when the pivot point is changed through the file palette.

Once the main pivot is set, and you set the character map images' pivot points, when you switch on a character map, the pivot point is in the same xy position on the character, so if you have a long head image with a tall hat, and a regular head, and both pivots are set to where the neck meets the head, the head will appear in the same place, despite being drastically different shapes and/or sizes
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:22 am

I have used several animation programs (not that I ever got real pro at it or anything), and for some reason, I could never quite wrap my head around using bones properly and so I mostly just avoided it. I just got Spriter a couple of days ago and within an hour of using it, I FINALLY understood how to use them. So awesome!

waveform visualization, also so awesome!

keep up the great work!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:10 pm

@lucid is it possible to remove only one specific character map instead of removing all?

This program rocks! :D
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:37 pm

@baterism - if you mean in the plugin, not yet, but I can add that in a future update. And thanks!
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:54 am

@lucid
can we have the option to set new origin points for images. Mine seem to be locked now. Since some of the images have different points of visual center there seems to be no way to reposition them.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General